Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hearing July 26th on HBO PPV for Margarito vs. Cotto, and i think this would be an awesome scrap to have on the undercard. These two are #1 and #2 ranked with the IBF so it all makes sense.

What are your thoughts on this fight? I think id favour Clottey in a very entertaining fight.

·
Registered
589 Posts
That would be a good fight. I like Berto. But he needs to be careful. Clottey is a big welterweight. Berto can't afford to have many defense lapses against him.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Clottey is a solid welter. He isn't necessarily great at anything but he's good at just about everything. I want to favor Berto, but I can't shake the visions of him eating leather and going down against far lesser opponents than Clottey.

Clottey UD.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
That would be a good fight. I like Berto. But he needs to be careful. Clottey is a big welterweight. Berto can't afford to have many defense lapses against him.
I agree. I think Clottey hits hard enough to hurt and maybe stop Berto if he's not careful. But I would go with Berto on points

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Berto is a sensational young fighter, but Clottey will be tough for him. I see this as a legit 50-50 fight.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
We all know now he can beat the lesser guys at 147. Clottey is considered one of the mid level welterweights, along with collazo and stuff. I'm going out on a limb and saying berto will win against all the welters except for cotto and floyd, and possibly margy. But Since andre is so young, he may get away with never having to fight them.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I think right now Berto wouldnt be able to handle Clottey.. Clottey is a very good welter, I believe he would beat Cintron, Quintana and Williams, and well he gave Margy a tough fight last time.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I think Clottey would be to much for Berto right now

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
agreed. he needs to be veeeeerrrrryyyy careful.

Clottey is a solid welter. He isn't necessarily great at anything but he's good at just about everything. I want to favor Berto, but I can't shake the visions of him eating leather and going down against far lesser opponents than Clottey.

Clottey UD.
as as of right know i see it the same way.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.