Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about Clottey? I watched his fight with Ortiz. I thought it was pretty boring, but Ortiz appeared so seasoned.

Anyways, first time I seen either fight, and I was wondering what you guys thought his status was?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Clottey is a good fighter, he's a very good counter puncher.

I dont think he beats Cotto, pbf, margarito but on his game he can give anyone else hell at 147.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
What do you guys think about Clottey? I watched his fight with Ortiz. I thought it was pretty boring, but Ortiz appeared so seasoned.

Anyways, first time I seen either fight, and I was wondering what you guys thought his status was?
Clottey was far from his best in that fight. You should watch Clottey/Margarito or Clottey/Corrales. The guy has speed, power and accuracy. I think he'd beat Margarito in a rematch and he would kill Cintron. He's one of the 5 best welters in the world IMO.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Clottey was far from his best in that fight. You should watch Clottey/Margarito or Clottey/Corrales. The guy has speed, power and accuracy. I think he'd beat Margarito in a rematch and he would kill Cintron. He's one of the 5 best welters in the world IMO.
Yeah I agree, I believe he would win against Margarito in a rematch, the first time around he injured his hands after looking terrific in the firt half.

Clottey is one of the best 147'ers. Like Balistik said he has speed, solid power, excelent skills and hs a southpaw. Hes the mandatory challenger for Cintron, so for now he just wait and get busy.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Lets not forget Margarito was also injured in that fight guys, it wasn't close either, Margarito scored a dominant win in that one.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Margarito was overwhelmed in the 1st half of the fight.

What fight were you watching?

Clottey won the first few rounds, thats no biggy though seing Margarito almost always ships the first couple.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Clottey was handling Margarito until he broke his hands. It was obvious something was wrong because he suddenly stopped punching.
Clottey never stopped throwing either hand during the fight, Margarito suffered a torn muscle too.

It was a clear and comprohensive victory for Tony in that fight, only the Mayweather groupies tried to make it something it was not.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Clottey never stopped throwing either hand during the fight, Margarito suffered a torn muscle too.

It was a clear and comprohensive victory for Tony in that fight, only the Mayweather groupies tried to make it something it was not.
This has nothing to do with Mayweather (you gotta be a groupie because you mention him a lot). I'm not saying Margarito didn't win it clearly I'm saying Clottey was landing almost all his punches until his activity level dropped.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
This has nothing to do with Mayweather (you gotta be a groupie because you mention him a lot). I'm not saying Margarito didn't win it clearly I'm saying Clottey was landing almost all his punches until his activity level dropped.

And im saying that Margarito is known to be a slow starter, he dominated that fight after the first few rounds.

He'd dominate again if they ever have a rematch.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
And im saying that Margarito is known to be a slow starter, he dominated that fight after the first few rounds.

He'd dominate again if they ever have a rematch.
personally, i didn't think margy dominated clottey the first time, so i doubt margy would do it the second go round. if they do fight again(which is highly possible) then i'll be looking to get some of your millions and millions of points;):cool:

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts

Figures Mayweather's name would get thrown in there

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Clottey's the #1 contender for the IBF belt right. you don't hear alot about him anymore atleast I don't. the Welter's are so stacked right now he's getting put to the side atleast for now.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Clottey's the #1 contender for the IBF belt right. you don't hear alot about him anymore atleast I don't. the Welter's are so stacked right now he's getting put to the side atleast for now.
Yup..Hes getting busy (april 3 x Jose Luis Cruz) until hes able to exerce his well-deserved mandatory status.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't understand the question. Are you asking me hy he's getting fucked by the industry, or why I claim that to be true?
Well I wasn't challenging your authenticity. I was asking why he is getting messed over. As in...in what way i he getting the short stick, and why?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts