Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Mr Powell is a higly intelligent well admired and respected man in washington I would like to think that his opinions are respected as well and he knows what he's talking about, he sees the ovious and is not afraid to speak his mind, I'm sure this will not sit too well with the republican party :laugh: who's only concern is controlling the country for their own agendas and just doing enough for us, then trowing us a bone now and then....

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mr Powell is a higly intelligent well admired and respected man in washington I would like to think that he's opinions are respected as well and he knows what he's talking about, he sees the obious and is not afraid to speak his mind, I'm sure this will not sit too well with the republican party :laugh: who's only concern is controlling the country for their own agendas and just doing enough for us by trowing us a bone now and then....
I'm happy too man. :D

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
It's about time he came around. I have a lot of respect for this man, I hope he works with Barack when he becomes President.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I HOPE SO TOO , UNFORTUNATELY THE HOLE COUNTRY IS DIVIDED IN HALF AND THE REPUBLICANS HAVE BLATANTLY CONTRIBUTED TO THIS, WITH BLATANT LIES AND RUMORS, IS A SAD SHAME, THAT A LOT OF NOT TOO BRIGHT AMERICANS THINK BARACK IS AN ARAB TERRORIST :laugh: I HOPE THEY COME AROUND, BUT ALL WE CAN DO IS HOPE ,IT SEEMS THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE WOULD RATHER GO ON WITH THE SAME OLD USELESS WAY OF GOVERNING THAN SEE A BLACK MAN IN POWER,IT WILL BE THEIR DOWN FALL AND OURS AS WELL, BUT LIKE I SAID ALL WE CAN DO IS HAVE THE AUDACITY TO HOPE....:thumbsup:KEEP YOUR CHINS UP FELLAS AND LET'S GET OUT THERE AND VOTE....

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I HOPE SO TOO , UNFORTUNATELY THE HOLE COUNTRY IS DIVIDED IN HALF AND THE REPUBLICANS HAVE BLATANTLY CONTRIBUTED TO THIS, WITH BLATANT LIES AND RUMORS, IS A SAD SHAME, THAT A LOT OF NOT TOO BRIGHT AMERICANS THINK BARACK IS AN ARAB TERRORIST :laugh: I HOPE THEY COME AROUND, BUT ALL WE CAN DO IS HOPE ,IT SEEMS THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE WOULD RATHER GO ON WITH THE SAME OLD USELESS WAY OF GOVERNING THAN SEE A BLACK MAN IN POWER,IT WILL BE THEIR DOWN FALL AND OURS AS WELL, BUT LIKE I SAID ALL WE CAN DO IS HAVE THE AUDACITY TO HOPE....:thumbsup:KEEP YOUR CHINS UP FELLAS AND LET'S GET OUT THERE AND VOTE....
Yea it's doing the country no favors that millions of people are going to believe an arab islamic extremist with ties to Al Qaeda is going to be the president of the United States. I mean, what do they expect to happen after he wins? It's clearly a TERRIBLE IDEA. And it's something the Republicans may never be able to forgive themselves for, nor will the rest of the nation for that matter if things potentially go as bad as they could go...

Obama can't die...this nation falls apart if he does.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Matty your full of it :laugh: how could any body want that decrepit old man for president, man he is one or two months awayfrom full blown parkinsons, and a stool or two from retal cancer, come on man what's Sarah Palin gonna do if we get hit by another surprise attack ,show her asss, it might slow'em down a little bit:laugh:, the realitty would be that her and congress will head butt on everything and nothing would get done , Hillary I could've live with but Sarah Palin she has no bussiness in the white house, you can't be that naive how old are you????

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Matty your full of it :laugh: how could any body want that decrepit old man for president, man he is one or two months awayfrom full blown parkinsons, and a stool or two from retal cancer, come on man what's Sarah Palin gonna do if we get hit by another surprise attack ,show her asss, it might slow'em down a little bit:laugh:, the realitty would be that her and congress will head butt on everything and nothing would get done , Hillary I could've live with but Sarah Palin she has no bussiness in the white house, you can't be that naive how old are you????

You make it seem like Obama is some kind of sinless saint. The man is a used car sells man. Instead of a car he's selling himself. And you guys are buying it. The man has no track record to speak of. What has he done? If Obama was white he would never be in this position. He would be laughed at as a potential President candiate. Sadly for us he's not white. So he gets a pass.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
You make it seem like Obama is some kind of sinless saint. The man is a used car sells man. Instead of a car he's selling himself. And you guys are buying it. The man has no track record to speak of. What has he done? If Obama was white he would never be in this position. He would be laughed at as a potential President candiate. Sadly for us he's not white. So he gets a pass.
What gets me is that some black people I know that didn't give a rats azz about politics now want to vote just because he is a black man.:dunno:

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
He's being voted for president because he has the best ideas out there.

And White men with experience like him have been elected to office before. Ronald Reagan was elected from movie star fame, but Obama closer than anyone else parallels JFK. JFK was a great president in my books, and Obama reminds a lot of people of him.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What gets me is that some black people I know that didn't give a rats azz about politics now want to vote just because he is a black man.:dunno:
This is because for the first time these particular people have begun to believe the system isn't fixed and that anything can really happen. It makes sense to show support when you finally believe something isn't a hoax.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I don't think no one is trying to portray him as a sinless saint, for however many sins he has McCain has quadruple that and not just because of his age. News flash: every politician is a used car salesman type, it's a must to be a politician or you'll be called boring, reason why Gore didn't become President and dumbass Bush did.

He has a track record of coming from close to the bottom and working his ass off to be in the position he is in today. He wasn't rich or privileged (like McCain) yet he still has degrees from Columbia and Harvard Law School. The guy has a ton of non political accolades and job experience all of this based on merit not because it was given to him. Need more info? Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know McCain is going to be a horrible president, he has the judgment and record to prove it. Based on his past and short political career, I have hope that Obama will make the right decisions with his sound judgment. Something I can't have with McCain because he constantly makes the worst decisions on a WIDE variety of issues..

If he were white, he probably wouldn't have gotten the Democratic candidacy (Hilary probably would have), but if he were white the lead over McCain would be 15 points instead of 5. It's a double edged sword.
And some people aren't voting for him because he is a black man. So it's even

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
It seems like you oviously don't like the man and refuse to give him any credit, what so ever, maybe your right, he hasn't done anything , but I belive he will, he doesn't come from a silver spoon fed family this guy is self made and look how far he got, his track record does not show any corruption, no under handed dealings with oil companies and war machines, he wants to create jobs and end our dependance from foreign oil, is that a bad thing, wants kids to get involve and help out their comunities, in return help with their college tuitions I suppose sadly for you he's not white, how is that supposed to be understood , and I'll just leave it right there cause you sound like your still sore you lost out the boxing forum HOF....

well they probably felt what was the use, ****** was'nt gonna do a damm thing for then no how, so hell yeah they're coming out of the wood work for this one, but is not just cause he's a black man, he's an intelligent, decent and honorable man..

He's being voted for president because he has the best ideas out there.

And White men with experience like have have been elected to office before. Ronald Reagan was elected from movie star fame, but Obama closer than anyone else parallels JFK. JFK was a great president in my books, and Obama reminds a lot of people of him.
Some people just refuse to see the good in it , remember bro there's no worse blind person than the one that's does not want to see....so don't even wast your time OBAMA will shut them up eventually:laugh:

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
It seems like you oviously don't like the man and refuse to give him any credit, what so ever, maybe your right, he hasn't done anything , but I belive he will, he doesn't come from a silver spoon fed family this guy is self made and look how far he got, his track record does not show any corruption, no under handed dealings with oil companies and war machines, he wants to create jobs and end our dependance from foreign oil, is that a bad thing, wants kids to get involve and help out their comunities, in return help with their college tuitions I suppose sadly for you he's not white, how is that supposed to be understood , and I'll just leave it right there cause you sound like your still sore you lost out the boxing forum HOF....
Give me a fukking break. You need to kill all that silver spoon talk. So Obama didn't keep 3 million under his bed. So what? He didn't struggle. He wasn't starving. He had everything he needed. Yeah McCain family had deeper pockets than Obama growing up. Why is that a bad thing? I hear all this "Obama earned everything he has" talk. He had nothing given to him. So what? Did McCain? What was given to him? The man was a fukking POW. For years. And still kept his mouth shut. How the fukk can anybody not respect that? McCain has fought for his country and has no prpblem getting his hands dirty. Obama? No! He rather take people guns away.

Keep the HOF. What am suppose to do? Cry and tell everybody I'm hurt cuz I took pictures with Cotto and still didn't get in? LOL. I don't take the *** route.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Give me a fukking break. You need to kill all that silver spoon talk. So Obama didn't keep 3 million under his bed. So what? He didn't struggle. He wasn't starving. He had everything he needed. Yeah McCain family had deeper pockets than Obama growing up. Why is that a bad thing? I hear all this "Obama earned everything he has" talk. He had nothing given to him. So what? Did McCain? What was given to him? The man was a fukking POW. For years. And still kept his mouth shut. How the fukk can anybody not respect that? McCain has fought for his country and has no prpblem getting his hands dirty. Obama? No! He rather take people guns away.

Keep the HOF. What am suppose to do? Cry and tell everybody I'm hurt cuz I took pictures with Cotto and still didn't get in? LOL. I don't take the *** route.
Things given to McCain:

He was born into a prestigious naval family. Both his father and grandfather were 4 star ADMIRALS. This got him into the Naval Academy. AT the Naval academy he literally ranked in the bottom 1% of his class. Nonetheless he was graduated and pushed into active duty. While enlisted he attended flight school and became a pilot. Problem was, he was too busy partying and never learned to fly worth a damn. Planes he flew crashed twice and collided with a power line once. He learned on the job tho and became a better pilot down the stretch (which is apparently his plan for the presidency as well).

I could keep going...and I will if you come back with a retort.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
John Kerry fought for our nation as well, instead majority of the people voted for the pint size brained president. But now fighting for our nation is a GREAT thing now since he's a republican. Barack was a man who turned down a 6 figure salary to help the streets of Chi-town. Being a POW and a soldier of our nation doesn't mean your ready to be president. And I know for sure Palin's air head and clueless self isn't ready to become our nation's president as well. We need a president who doesn't flip flop around on ideals, have a sense of diplomacy, a man who doesn't overreact in time of crisis, a man who has a sense with OUR ECONOMY. That man is our next President Barack Obama. I can't see it any other way. Make sure to vote!

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
I've seen more ignorant things. At least they are now getting into politics...I don't care who you vote for...as long as you exercise your right to vote (and know who you are voting for) then I can't complain. This notion that black people are voting for Obama because he's black is kind of irratating because its insinuating that all African Americans are just programmed to just vote black. Not the case. There are more people voting against Barack just because he's black...but nobody sees that fact...

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I've seen more ignorant things. At least they are now getting into politics...I don't care who you vote for...as long as you exercise your right to vote (and know who you are voting for) then I can't complain. This notion that black people are voting for Obama because he's black is kind of irratating because its insinuating that all African Americans are just programmed to just vote black. Not the case. There are more people voting against Barack just because he's black...but nobody sees that fact...
Yes, it goes both ways and is absolutely the wrong reason to vote for someone. We will see, but I see a record number of black and white Americans voting which will prove to me that this is the only reason that some may be voting?

1 - 20 of 96 Posts