Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
i hope cleverly manages to win this one, it could be a real stepping stone for him! he's a great prospect, seen two of his fights where he looked really strong!

he's a tip for being a future world champion id say!

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
cleverley won friday night! didnt see the fight but read that he looked realy strong beating oakey, who himself isnt a bad boxer!

did anyone watch it?

and do you think he should find a new trainer to try and propel him to a better level now? his father is training him now because he left enzo calzaghe in the midst of all the legal battles with frank warren! who could train a contender boxer in britain?

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Cleverly looks a brilliant prospect. It'll be interesting to see where he goes now. BTW the thread says "Commonwealth light weight title". It means Light Heavyweight ;).

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Cleverly is a good boxer but he won't amount to much. The only way to compete at the top level of boxing with the lack of power Cleverly has is to be really exceptional as a boxer (In the Whitaker/Mayweather mould). When he fights the best his power won't keep them off, meaning he'll get beatdown easily.

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
Nathan wins again!!

just over 2 minutes in defence of his commonwealth title. Missed the bout unfortunately but sounds impressive again!

I think he's going about it the right way, he wants to fight Dean Francis for the British title next, which i think he could beat comfortably.

Can't see why he needs to rush to a world title like some are doing. I think he'l be world champion before he's 25 though, thats 4 years to gain experience and step up in quality! its just a pity that its frank warren who's his promoter! hopefuly calzaghe will pick him up if he's serious about promoting under calzaghe promotions.

anyway, hope he gets dean francis next and continous to box in impressive fashion!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Saw this fight, he looked good again, i can see him being moderately successful, jury's out on whether he could challenge for a title though but nice to see another prospect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts