Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a shout out to arthur and rees who became britains 2 newest world champions tonight.

arthur won a dominating 10th round stoppage against a fighter who's name im not even going to try and prononunce for the WBO interm 130lb title.

rees who was a heavy underdog battled his way to a convincing 12 round points win against silky WBA 140lb champ sully m'biaye, rees standing at just 5ft3 showed great speed, stamina and skill to flurry his way to an impressive points win setting up future fights against the likes of hatton, witter and malignaggi.

rees had never won any kind of title before this fight, he used to just fight for money to keep himself going in beer, what a great story this kid is.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
big enzo was very dominating tonight, i cant wait to see haye vs mac in the future, flip a coin on that one, a real 50-50 fight.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Macca has developed an awesome jab. Very snappy, just wish he would have used it more. Braithwaite was out of prime, but im not taking anything away from Macca he did really well.

Rees was brilliant, i was throwing every punch with him in that fight hes a very good little fighter. M'Baye's performance was peculiar, but i think he just didnt come to terms with Rees's style. He seemed to have very fast hands.

And well done to AAA, its only interim but he should be crowned full champion because Guzman isnt defending against him in the next 90 days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts