Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contender 4 fighters named!

Monday, September 29 2008

Although ESPN dropped "The Contender" boxing reality series from its 2008 schedule, the network scooped the Contender's new home VERSUS by announcing the Season Four particiants. They are Mike Alexander (12-2, 8 KOs), Felix Cora Jr. (18-2-2, 9 KOs), Ryan Coyne (9-0, 3 KOs), Ehinomen Ehikhamenor (12-3-0, 7 KOs), Deon Elam (9-0-0, 5 KOs), Alfredo Escalera Jr. (15-1-1, 11 KOs), Tim Flamos (20-4-1, 8 KOs), Richard Gingras (9-1-0, 5 KOs), Joell Godfrey (9-0-1, 5 KOs), Rico Hoye (20-2, 15 KOs), Akinyemi Laleye (10-1, 5 KOs), Troy Ross (17-1, 12 KOs), Jon Schneider (7-2-1, 5 KOs), Lawrence Tauasa (30-5-1, 17 KOs), Erick Vega (8-2-1, 6 KOs) and Darnell Wilson (23-7-3, 20 KOs). It was also announced that Sugar Ray Leonard is out as host, replaced by Tony Danza. The series will air between December and February.
I'm glad this is coming back as much as it sucked in season 3. Also happy to see Darnell "Ding-A-Ling Man" Wilson on the roster :thumbsup::laugh:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Yeah man, I'm with you. To be honest, I've never been a fan of the series, but I'm actually looking forward to this one. The cruisers should make for an interesting show and hopefully Darnell Wilson will provide us with more highlight reel knockouts. The only other name out of that group that I am familiar with is Rico Hoye. But Tony Danza hosting?? C'mon now.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah man, I'm with you. To be honest, I've never been a fan of the series, but I'm actually looking forward to this one. The cruisers should make for an interesting show and hopefully Darnell Wilson will provide us with more highlight reel knockouts. The only other name out of that group that I am familiar with is Rico Hoye. But Tony Danza hosting?? C'mon now.
Holy ******* ****! I didn't even see Tony was hosting. I went from looking forward to the show to probably not watching one episode. What the hell are they thinking?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts