Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are they? I agreed with the first Walcott-Louis fight. Walcott coasted the last 3 rounds, which cost him since it was a major title fight, and he wasn't winning by much.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah i agree with you there i thought Leonard won that fight. Another one is Holmes vs Spinks I i watched both fights few days ago, altough i think Holmes won the second fight i thought Spinks won the first fight. Dont know if its contreversial but ive heard few people complain about that ending.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
spinks v holmes. :p

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tommygunn said:
spinks v holmes. :p
Better not be the 2nd one. I can see the first fight going either way, but IMO running around all through out the 15th round isn't the way you take the title. IMO you should come out swinging like Holmes and Norton did in their fight. That IMO, is the way you win the title. Truly beating the champ, not just getting the win.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
glideman said:
leonard vs hagler
sugar ray defo out boxed him
hagler ate sour grapes

I disagree. Ray Leonard even admited he lost the fight in one documentary. He just won't admit it to Hagler's face.

·
Registered
8 Posts
in a interview the hbo one
sugar ray says he told hagler he won because he saw he was really hurt bout the decision, sugar goes on to say he would never have told hagler he won if hagler won cause he is too proud
basically he said it to make hagler feel better
hagler best rounds were when he had sugar on da ropes and sugar 9/10 boxed his way out of it

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
yeah imo Leonard was the clear winner of that fight altough i could understand why Hagler fan could complain but i still would give the win to Leonard.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
The Chavez v Taylor fight. Chavez was getting beat until the last round when he knocked Taylor down and the ref stopped the fight. Lots of people said he should have let it continue, but I believe he made the right call. If you watch it again, Steele asks Taylor if he is alright twice. Taylor just stands there with the deer in headlights look. I think the ref's job is to be sure it is safe for the fighter to continue fighting even if only 5 seconds or 1 min and 5 seconds are left.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
jones/tarver 1, i thought jones won 9 rounds to 3, and thought he clearly outboxed the non punching tarver except on the ropes which was only 7 times in the whole fight and most hit the arms and gloves.

on the flip side, i thought hagler beat leonard, meaningless flurries that dont do damage dont score on my card.

·
All-Time Great
158 Posts
TysonJones said:
jones/tarver 1, i thought jones won 9 rounds to 3, and thought he clearly outboxed the non punching tarver except on the ropes which was only 7 times in the whole fight and most hit the arms and gloves.

on the flip side, i thought hagler beat leonard, meaningless flurries that dont do damage dont score on my card.
The problem with that is Hagler wasn't doing jack either. Just coming forward just won't win you rounds in my book. You have to SCORE with SOMETHING and Hagler wasn't. Truth be told, there was LESS action in the fight than anything I've seen since pick your John Ruiz fight.

Poet

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
leonard won the early round easy, but i thought hagler did enough late to win the fight. the fight could of gone either way, i could care less. hagler is recognized now adays as much better than sugar ray leonard. lol yeah john ruiz was a boring fighter although his fights with james toney and roy jones i found quite entertaining.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RattlesnakeWake said:
lewis vs holyfield i thought lewis won, lewis vs holyfield 2 i thought holyfield won

You thought Holyfield won the 2nd fight? :eek: did you see the punch stats? The only thing Holyfield beat Lewis in on that night was getting hit in the face.

·
All-Time Great
158 Posts
bill1234 said:
You thought Holyfield won the 2nd fight? :eek: did you see the punch stats? The only thing Holyfield beat Lewis in on that night was getting hit in the face.
Most ringside observers and publications like Ring Magazine thought Holyfield won the second fight. This is yet another reason why you can't rely on punch stats. They're usually misleading and and I wish the broadcaster would quit showing them.

Poet

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
poet682006 said:
Most ringside observers and publications like Ring Magazine thought Holyfield won the second fight. This is yet another reason why you can't rely on punch stats. They're usually misleading and and I wish the broadcaster would quit showing them.

Poet

But most of boxing as a whole thought Lewis won.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts