Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Cornelius Bundrage vs. Joel Julio Punch By Punch Live

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  daveDaboxingfan 
#1 · (Edited)
Round 1 Bundrage landed the better shots, but looked off balance at times. Julio Landed a nice straight right that I see working all night. Bundrage's left hand is left by his waist the whole time. Not good. A straight right from Julio will do damage if Bundrage keeps that left at his waist.

10-9 Bundrage

#3 ·
Round 3 - Great shot by Julio stuns Bundrage followed by a knockdown. Bundrage survives but keeps that left too low, at waist level which led to the great right hand from Julio. Bundrage will be knocked out if he doesn't get that hand up.

10-8 Julio

#5 ·
Round 5 - Julio comes out throwing bombs and landing. K9 not stunned. Lack of an even decent jab is hurting Bundrage. He is letting Julio get in too close. Julio lands two nice straight rights to end the round due to Bundrage's left being too low once again.

10-9 Julio

#7 ·
Round 7 - Bundrage STILL has his left too low and is standing too still, but he is landing the better punches in the first half of this round. K9 complaining about being held behind the head and gets nailed twice by Julio. K9 bleeding from right eye. Julio starting to seperate. Bundrage is on the verge of needing a knockout to win. I don't see the cards being close at all.

10-9 Julio

#8 ·
Round 8 - Blood streaming from Bundrage's right eye. Julio lands a massive right hand and stuns Bundrage then lands another big right and knocks him down brutally. It is almost over! 2 minutes left. Referee stops it. Bundrage was getting nailed against the ropes.

Julio by 8th round TKO.

#9 ·
good job shane, although i never seen your PBP live i still enjoyed reading it this morning. :thumbsup:

it sounds like K9 was in the fight for the first few rounds.

#15 ·
WelshDevilRob said:
Just shows you can't build muscles on a chin
Quote of the year right here.:laugh:

Bundrage was exposed as the C level fighter he his. Another contender creation. He got ROCKED a few times by julio. Im surprised he lasted as long as he did. He may not have that much talent, but theres no arguing that he has heart.

#16 ·
I missed it. I watched the undercard, the first fight the one guy was throwing TONS of punches, then during the comercials, I fell a sleep. I was very angry when I woke up because I was looking forward to watching it.:mad: Commercials have ruined sooooooooooooooo many good fights for me. It will be in between rounds, and a bunch of stupid commercials come on, and typicaly during one of those annoying e-surance commercials where all they do is say bad puns the whole time, and I'll get pissed off and fall asleep. It happened right before K-9's fight, and I was rooting for him all the way.

#18 ·
bill1234 said:
I missed it. I watched the undercard, the first fight the one guy was throwing TONS of punches, then during the comercials, I fell a sleep. I was very angry when I woke up because I was looking forward to watching it.:mad: Commercials have ruined sooooooooooooooo many good fights for me. It will be in between rounds, and a bunch of stupid commercials come on, and typicaly during one of those annoying e-surance commercials where all they do is say bad puns the whole time, and I'll get pissed off and fall asleep. It happened right before K-9's fight, and I was rooting for him all the way.
Beg Santa for a Tivo. It makes a world of deference.

#19 ·
daveDaboxingfan said:
Beg Santa for a Tivo. It makes a world of deference.
agreed. My DVR is a life saver.

As far as being hard on Bundrage, I believe they both had 3 weeks to come up with a game plan. Are you saying that K9 wasnt in fighting shape? He was just outclassed is all. He's a decent fighter, but he'll never be a true "contender"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.