Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cotto vs. Margarito is NOT official yet, Guess who didn't sign?

By Scoop Malinowski, Boxinginsider.com: While most everyone thinks it's a foregone conclusion that Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito will meet in a major IBF/WBA Welterweight unification showdown in July, an unexpected delay has arisen which may jeopardize the much anticipated Super Fight. Margarito's manager Sergio Diaz explains.

Boxinginsider: I was wondering if the Cotto-Margarito fight was signed yet? I know you guys signed but Bob Arum said it was not a done deal.

Sergio Diaz: "We're still waiting on Cotto."

Boxinginsider: With your history of seeing marquee names like Winky Wright, Sugar Shane Mosley and Floyd Mayweather not sign to fight Antonio Margarito, are you starting to feel concern that maybe Cotto will skip a fight with Tony too?

Sergio Diaz: It's always a concern, but Bob wants this fight to happen. If Cotto turns this fight down, it will not only be disappointing for us, Bob will be especially disappointed. Cotto and Top Rank meet tomorrow (Tuesday).

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Arum needs to get this signed and over with already!

·
Registered
219 Posts
i know. it's all semantics, man. they'll be fighting in july.
I'm sure it will happen also being that nether duck anybody and it is the biggest money for both of them at this junction. Although I just don't like to invest hope into a fight until people run the risk of getting sued for not holding up their end.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
It is very rare that the place I get my odds from puts up odds when a fight isn't pretty much a lock. This is nothing new, but because it is such a big fight it goes public. The fight will happen.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
The fight is signed. I wouldn't take the word of a writer at boxinginsider. Arum and HBO have confirmed the fight and the date.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Why are they saying Cotto has yet to sign, maybe is some kind of ploy on his part to get out from under Bob Arum......it's getting to the point were a person doesn't know what to belive......

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I read just a few minutes ago that Mayweather is worried that Cotto may lose and is trying to secure an undefeated Cotto as an upcoming opponent. It doesn't sound legit to me, but this is what I read.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Link please. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
661 Posts
I read just a few minutes ago that Mayweather is worried that Cotto may lose and is trying to secure an undefeated Cotto as an upcoming opponent. It doesn't sound legit to me, but this is what I read.
I wouldn't be dismiss that that quickly. If there is one certainty it's that Mayweather rates Margarito. He didn't want to fight him himself so I'm sure he reckons he is capable of beating Cotto.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
The fight is on, some contracts aren't even signed until a month before the actualy fight. Im not worried, Cotto avoids no one.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I agree. I think this fight will go through without a problem. And I can't wait. This is a must see fight

1 - 20 of 22 Posts