Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto is not concerned with chasing after Floyd Mayweather Jr, who holds the WBC's version of the title at 147-pounds. In the opinion of Cotto, there are more than enough big names at 147-pounds to keep him busy.

“I don’t have to do it. If he doesn’t want to fight me, there are a bunch of big names at 147. I don’t need Mayweather,” Cotto told scribe Kevin Iole.

Cotto says that he will keep on fighting the best boxers at the weight and sooner or later - Mayweather will be forced to fight him. He refuses to chase Mayweather in the same fashion as Ricky Hatton, and he doesn't feel that Mayweather is the pound for pound best in the world.

"I'm in no hurry," Cotto said. "If I have to be patient to face the guy the people and the press call the best fighter in the world, I can wait. He runs from the really good boxers and chases other things. I don't know how people in boxing support him as being first in the pound-for-pound rankings."

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know but the words that he uses almost makes it sound like hes calling him out. He taunting him.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
He isn't doing shiit. He's going the same route he's been going. Larry Merchant did more calling out than Cotto did.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok but if someone says that I running from the best fighters at my weight and saying that they dont know how people consider my the P4P best Id have a problem with that comming from my clear #1 challenger. Wouldnt you???

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Ok but if someone says that I running from the best fighters at my weight and saying that they dont know how people consider my the P4P best Id have a problem with that comming from my clear #1 challenger. Wouldnt you???
only if i gave a damn about what someone under me ranking wise thinks.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
He isn't doing shiit. He's going the same route he's been going. Larry Merchant did more calling out than Cotto did.
Cotto is right, he doesnt need Mayweather. He's proving that the best welterweight out there is himself followed closely by Tony Margarito.
Mayweather has only got himself to blame, toying with the WWE instead of meeting his contenders has cost him dearly. Not only is he not the best P4P he's only the third best welterweight Byebye Mayfeather

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He obviously does. Hatton wasnt ranked higher than him or even equal to him. So he cares.

·
8,579 Posts
Its too late for Mayweather Cotto is now #1 welterweight. Mayweather can go back to the WWE he can be the prima donna there boxing doesnt need him

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Cotto is right, he doesnt need Mayweather. He's proving that the best welterweight out there is himself followed closely by Tony Margarito.
Mayweather has only got himself to blame, toying with the WWE instead of meeting his contenders has cost him dearly. Not only is he not the best P4P he's only the third best welterweight Byebye Mayfeather
It's a good thing there are no CJ Rankings or the sport would be ruined. The sentence in bold proves you to be the biggest moron on this entire website.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
He obviously does. Hatton wasnt ranked higher than him or even equal to him. So he cares.
we all know why floyd "cared" about ricky' comments. ricky' fanbase = more $$$.

Its too late for Mayweather Cotto is now #1 welterweight. Mayweather can go back to the WWE he can be the prima donna there boxing doesnt need him
keep dreamin, buddy:p

·
8,579 Posts
It's a good thing there are no CJ Rankings or the sport would be ruined. The sentence in bold proves you to be the biggest moron on this entire website.
Back to the insults I see Shane I knew you were not man enough to abide by your PM's. I stand by that statement Both Cotto and Margarito would kick Mayweathers booty if he ever got the cajonnes to get in the ring with either

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I would make an exception for Cotto to be regarded as #1 at 147 for the simple reason he's done much much more than pbf there.

You gotta go with the rings ratings though, untill he's beaten or retires he'll be the #1 guy, im a strong beleiver in the rings ratings.

·
8,579 Posts

I'm serious Digga I truly believe Both Cotto and Margarito would whup mayweather.
Oh BTW thanks for being civil about it and not sinking to Shane's attempts at insulting

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Cotto got a fan base too man thats no excuss.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Back to the insults I see Shane I knew you were not man enough to abide by your PM's. I stand by that statement Both Cotto and Margarito would kick Mayweathers booty if he ever got the cajonnes to get in the ring with either
Calling you a moron is just me being observant. You could go the world over and not find another person who would say Floyd is the 3RD BEST WW! That is just stupid. When Floyd fights Cotto I'll bet you memberships on the fight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
He cant handle anything said about pbf C.J, its a personal insult to him. :laugh:

·
8,579 Posts
I would make an exception for Cotto to be regarded as #1 at 147 for the simple reason he's done much much more than pbf there.

You gotta go with the rings ratings though, untill he's beaten or retires he'll be the #1 guy, im a strong beleiver in the rings ratings.
I still think Cotto has his # Tommy and best of all mayweather knows it too

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
He cant handle anything said about pbf C.J, its a personal insult to him. :laugh:
That's bullshiit too. I haven't been saying anything about this guys illegitimate posts in a while, but to call Floyd the 3rd best welter is downright laughable and everyone knows that.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts