Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto has begun light training for his July 26 showdown with Antonio Margarito at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. HBO Pay-Per-View is expected to televise.

"We started today and next week we should be back in the gym, but it's possible that at some point this week we may do some work in the gym," said Cotto's father, Miguel Sr., speaking with El Nuevo Dia.

Cotto is still finalizing his contract details for the fight and his father is confident that everything should be finalized before the end of the month.

"The deal is missing a few details and we are working on them, but before the end of the month everything should be finished and signed," Miguel Sr. said. "Those details have been the most difficult part of the negotiations."

The details Miguel Sr. is refering to, is his son's percentage of the gate and the pay-per-view revenue.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto has begun light training for his July 26 showdown with Antonio Margarito at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. HBO Pay-Per-View is expected to televise.

"We started today and next week we should be back in the gym, but it's possible that at some point this week we may do some work in

Cotto is still finalizing his contract details for the fight and his father is confident that everything should be finalized before the end of the month.

"The deal is missing a few details and we are working on them, but before the end of the month everything should be finished and signed," Miguel Sr. said. "Those details have been the most difficult part of the negotiations."

The details Miguel Sr. is refering to, is his son's percentage of the gate and the pay-per-view revenue.

Looks like theyre getting ready to RUMBLE!!!!!!!! thats a fight i'll not miss

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Hey CJ wanna bet on the fight? I'll give you 10:1 odds. You bet your 10,000 points and if you win I'll send you 100,000.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Cotto will be in top shape with no excuses and not underestimating Margarito. Like I heard someone say, After he signed the contract, Margarito is now chopping wood with his face.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I really looking forward to this fight. I haven't decided on a winner yet. But I just know it's going to be a war

·
Registered
224 Posts
it's great to have another REAL fight to look forward too

i am geting a little tired of these superstar exhibition fights and the all to familiar feeling of been cheated at the end of the fight when neither man has even broken into a sweat.

This fight should be the real deal

Badger

·
Registered
368 Posts
cotto! Cotto! cotto! he should win this one, i mean, if he wants mayweather so bad i think he should send a massege and ko him the fok out....

·
8,579 Posts
Cotto will beat the hell out of the statue.
This is for the welterweight championship of the world in my book. Floyd can keep his trinkets, become a dancer or a wrestling manager.
We've seen by his laughable performance with The Big Show he'd never be accepted as a wrestler. Maybe he could fit in with the midget wrestling though lol

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
This is for the welterweight championship of the world in my book. Floyd can keep his trinkets, become a dancer or a wrestling manager.
We've seen by his laughable performance with The Big Show he'd never be accepted as a wrestler. Maybe he could fit in with the midget wrestling though lol
This thread is about Cotto-Margarito. Try to keep focused if you can.

·
8,579 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
It is focussed on the two best welterweights in the world
How do you see the fight playing out. I mean how do you see Margarito winning? I'd like you to share some of your knowledge with us please. What are the keys to the fight, and what is your exact prediction?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts