Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Yaritza Rivas

"I hope to be back on the ring before the year ends", said Cotto yesterday.

Upon his arrival to the island, the ex welter champ, recognized with humility that his contender, Margarito, did a better job this past saturday in Las Vegs.

Cotto, now 32-1, says the winner of the August 2nd bout for the IBF title, Judah or Clottey, could be his next opponent.

Also, belgian Jackson Osei and southafrican Issac Hlatswayo will fighting on November 11th for the WBC title. This could be another option for Cotto.

"Thanks to God my people appreciate the work that has been done. In spite of the defeat they are here and that makes you want to keep working hard", said Cotto to El Nuevo Dia,

"It was an excellent battle. The outcome wasn't what we expected. I'm a little sad with this loss. It's easy to be on the outside because the fight looks different. But I didn't find the way to work Margarito's body, that's why I didn't".

When asked about the communication with his corner, Cotto assured that there are no conflicts.

"I had no problem with the decision Evangelista took. He knows what he has to do when he has to do it", Cotto supported his uncle who threw in the towel in the eleventh round.

"Everything he did worked for him and that's why he was the winner that night".

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
By Yaritza Rivas

"I hope to be back on the ring before the year ends", said Cotto yesterday.

Upon his arrival to the island, the ex welter champ, recognized with humility that his contender, Margarito, did a better job this past saturday in Las Vegs.

Cotto, now 32-1, says the winner of the August 2nd bout for the IBF title, Judah or Clottey, could be his next opponent.

Also, belgian Jackson Osei and southafrican Issac Hlatswayo will fighting on November 11th for the WBC title. This could be another option for Cotto.

"Thanks to God my people appreciate the work that has been done. In spite of the defeat they are here and that makes you want to keep working hard", said Cotto to El Nuevo Dia,

"It was an excellent battle. The outcome wasn't what we expected. I'm a little sad with this loss. It's easy to be on the outside because the fight looks different. But I didn't find the way to work Margarito's body, that's why I didn't".

When asked about the communication with his corner, Cotto assured that there are no conflicts.

"I had no problem with the decision Evangelista took. He knows what he has to do when he has to do it", Cotto supported his uncle who threw in the towel in the eleventh round.

"Everything he did worked for him and that's why he was the winner that night".
It's good that Cotto is looking to bounce back quickly. Good luck to him.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I'm glad to see that he's doing good but i don't think he should fight anytime soon. Maybe around december or march but not now. He's a warrior. No wonder he didn't go to the body. Now we all know.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I'm glad to see that he's doing good but i don't think he should fight anytime soon. Maybe around december or march but not now. He's a warrior. No wonder he didn't go to the body. Now we all know.
Fighting just before or just after Christmas would be ideal IMO.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
i have a feeling he'll fight around those months. Hopefully he does. He's been fighting too much. He wants to fight all the time which is great but he needs rest.

·
Registered
424 Posts
i disagree, i think he needs to fight as soon as possible. Just to get that brutal loss of his mind. He needs to rebound and beat the hell out of somebody.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i have a feeling he'll fight around those months. Hopefully he does. He's been fighting too much. He wants to fight all the time which is great but he needs rest.
He's a real fighter and that is what they do, they "fight." He'll be back sooner than later, but it will be a tuneup.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i agree he should fight the winner of judah clottey, and theres no way in hell he should take a year off, especially since he is in his peak years...

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
You talkin about the Hopkins KO loss? He didn't take 1/10th of the punishment Cotto took against Margarito.
Cotto didnt just get beaten he got BEATEN UP!! He needs time off to heal both mentally and physically. He gave his all till he could give no more. He needs to come back slowly

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Cotto didnt just get beaten he got BEATEN UP!! He needs time off to heal both mentally and physically. He gave his all till he could give no more. He needs to come back slowly
Yeah you don't come back quickly after a loss like that. He needs to go back to the drawing board and question his tactics and conditioning.

·
8,579 Posts
Yeah you don't come back quickly after a loss like that. He needs to go back to the drawing board and question his tactics and conditioning.
I dont think he could have done anything much better than he did. He boxed & he foughtas best he could. On the night Margarito was just the better man. If Cotto comes back slowly with a couple of easier type fights he''l soon get back into contention. He's a fighter with a fighters heart

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
He should take a year off IMO.
, maybe not that much but pretty close..

i disagree, i think he needs to fight as soon as possible. Just to get that brutal loss of his mind. He needs to rebound and beat the hell out of somebody.
If they can find a chump who'll go down easy, ease his way back slowly,

That is true but he does need time to rest.
Most defenetly, right now I think is his pride that's doing the talking, he needs a good ass rest.

You talkin about the Hopkins KO loss? He didn't take 1/10th of the punishment Cotto took against Margarito.
Right on the money, all he took was that liver shot and it was all over, I'll bet he said to himself **** this let get the hell out now...

Sorting his gameplan out needs to be a priority too :thumbsup::thumbsup:
most defenite, this would be a good time to check out some new trainers...

He's a real fighter and that is what they do, they "fight." He'll be back sooner than later, but it will be a tuneup.
that makes sense an easy one,no killers just yet...

:thumbsup: most defenetly easy does it, if he rushes it and runs into the wrong guy it might be all over...

I think a lot more running ,like side hopping around atrack,if any body here knows what I'm talking about...

I dont think he could have done anything much better than he did. He boxed & he foughtas best he could. On the night Margarito was just the better man. If Cotto comes back slowly with a couple of easier type fights he''l soon get back into contention. He's a fighter with a fighters heart
couldn't said better myself :thumbsup:

·
8,579 Posts
, maybe not that much but pretty close..

If they can find a chump who'll go down easy, ease his way back slowly,

Most defenetly, right now I think is his pride that's doing the talking, he needs a good ass rest.

Right on the money, all he took was that liver shot and it was all over, I'll bet he said to himself **** this let get the hell out now...

most defenite, this would be a good time to check out some new trainers...

that makes sense an easy one,no killers just yet...

:thumbsup: most defenetly easy does it, if he rushes it and runs into the wrong guy it might be all over...

I think a lot more running ,like side hopping around atrack,if any body here knows what I'm talking about...

couldn't said better myself :thumbsup:
Thankyou Sir :)

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
OH theres plenty of room to improve.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts