Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all of a sudden Oscar wants to fight Cotto,,,, is not because of money, then why? i dont think Oscar has any busyness fighting Cotto, i think Cotto should just wait for Mayweather to take his challenge.....

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
all of a sudden Oscar wants to fight Cotto,,,, is not because of money, then why? i dont think Oscar has any busyness fighting Cotto, i think Cotto should just wait for Mayweather to take his challenge.....
floyds said he may not fight again till 09 though AUDI, cotto cant just sit around and wait till then.

who's to say floyd will even fight cotto next?

if oscar can make 147 then cotto should take that fight, it would make him a **** load of cash and would be a descent geezer on his resume.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
im not sure how good oscar would be now at 147 A-C, i think the weight loss would do him more damage than good.

they could do the fight at 154 though because cotto would be very strong at that weight too.

i just hope they get these fights there talking of signed, its really starting to bug me now. :laugh:

give us something to talk about !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes good point. If Oscar can't easly make 147 the fight should take place at 154. One thing is certain in my mind, if the Oscar who almost beat Floyd shows up that night, Cotto has no chance. I hope it's a good fight though.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Yes good point. If Oscar can't easly make 147 the fight should take place at 154. One thing is certain in my mind, if the Oscar who almost beat Floyd shows up that night, Cotto has no chance. I hope it's a good fight though.
exactly, oscar would give cotto hell and he wouldn't have to go looking for him.....the fight would be a 50-50 at 154 but cotto takes it at 147 IMO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not too sure whether I'd want to see this fight. Oscar is on his swan-song now and I'm not sure how seriously he takes anything anymore. To me it seems all about money for Oscar and I also don't like how he can use his position as the head of Golden Boy to maneuver his way into title shots, having just lost his titles at 154 to Floyd.

Cotto has so many options at 147. Cintron, Margarito, Williams are just a few that spring to mind. I'd like to see him fight any one of those guys while he waits for Floyd to come out of 'retirement' again.:thumbsup:

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
rest assured that if dlh is willing to take on the cotto challenge it's going to happen. i'd rather see mayweather/cotto like everyone else, but a dlh/cotto bout isn't all that bad. dlh is not a pushover and still has enough in the tank to beat cotto imo. he'd be hard pressed to beat cotto, but he must be thinking of how big a rematch with him and floyd will be IF he beats cotto. if anything both of these fighters are probably thinking along the same lines.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I doubt very much DLH can make 147, he hasnt fought there since Gatti in 2001, in that time there has been alot of big fights available at 147 and you know Oscar would be down there if he could make it.

DLH vs. Cotto is a very interesting fight IMO obviously, if DLH wants the fight its going to happen because $$$ talks. I think the fight could happen at a catchweight of 150-152 maybe, Cotto will still be strong at the weight and DLH won't have to damage his body as much to make the weight. I see DLH-Cotto being a very close fight until the middle rounds, where Oscar's stamina issues come again and we see Cotto take charge.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
i just hope that miguel ENDS him, so he can stick to promoting. i'd be upset if he manages to squeak by cotto being we'd have to see dlh/mayweather again. if oscar was to really go at floyd for at least have the fight then maybe i'd be interested in seeing them fight again. methinks that dlh will spew that same garbage he did before, and NOT go all out AGAIN when in the ring. hatton earned so much respect from me because at least he TRIED to get at floyd. dlh was scared of getting knocked out(or totally embarassed) late against floyd.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I'd be really disappointed if Oscar beats Miguel cause I don't think he has what it takes to beat Floyd. Not at this stage of his career. But if he wins that means Miguel isn't qualified to fight Floyd either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't see Oscar ever making 147 again in whats left of his career. But if they were to fight at 147, DLH would put together an incredible first few rounds before the stress on his body takes over and Cotto takes charge. I would honestly give this fight to Cotto 60-40. DLH's conditioning issues aren't going to get any better as he gets older or tries to cut more weight.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tommy!!!! nice to hear from you! by the way, it wansnt Cotto that ask for this fight, it was Osacar who called out Cotto, i think that Oscar is a bit jelous of Cottos succes and popularity, and thinks that he can take that away by beating him(witch i doubt that he would) but i think that Cotto would take him out in the later rounds, Cotto proved us that not only he can punch hard, but he can also box (as we saw on the Mosley fight) so Oscar is a little over his head on this one, like some of you say,,, maybe is because $$$$$,,,,, by the way Tommy, i tought you said that Cotto was gonna loose to Mosley...... :laugh: and can some one tell me what the hell does IMO means :dunno:

·
Registered
707 Posts
You guys forget Cotto has glass for a chin and Oscar still hits real hard Cotto is an easy guy to hit so he would have to put up with a fair amount of shots if he wanted to get close to Oscar. Rememember he Knocked out Vargas ( I see Cotto as a modern Vargas "B" class guy with a questionable chin)

1 - 20 of 279 Posts