Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an interview on Btalk, Yoel Judah informed everyone that Cotto vs. Judah did over 1,000,000 pay per view buys! He also said Top Rank has contacted them and wants to do a rematch in Puerto Rico. Zab himself said he wanted a rematch in Puerto Rico immediately after the fight, so both parties are on the same page. If Cotto and Judah get through their next bouts (Cotto has his mandatory and Zab fighting Sept 7th as a 'stay busy' fight on FNF), expect the rematch fight to be signed for sometime in early to mid 2008.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
please get it on again. it was a quality fight with zab showing he can beat cotto. Love to see zab do it again and think he could if he didnt get lazy in the fight.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol the end result will be the same, cotto isnt even in his prime yet, he is still only 26. zab however's prime was at around age 26. He has got to be the luckiest guy in the world to keep getting title shots, espeially win he has only won 1 of his last 4 fights. Cotto will be even better, zab will never change. Im sorry guys, still should be an awesome fight non the less.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
tysonjones said:
lol the end result will be the same, cotto isnt even in his prime yet, he is still only 26. zab however's prime was at around age 26. He has got to be the luckiest guy in the world to keep getting title shots, espeially win he has only won 1 of his last 4 fights. Cotto will be even better, zab will never change. Im sorry guys, still should be an awesome fight non the less.
i couldn't agree more!

and for that reason i dont want to see them fight again. cotto will just finish it quicker this time around.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as good as the fight was, as much as i like zab as an exciting fighter, i dont care to watch him get beat up again. There are other fighteres out there that i would rather see cotto beat up. But i wouldnt mind seeing them fight again once cotto has paved his way through the welterweight division. Im sure there are alot of people that still think zab can win, i know dave does lol. so a rematch makes some sort of sense. But it does prove that cotto will fight anyone, even the dangerous ones.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
cotto v floyd is the only fight thats making sense for me, if cotto can break the 1.000.000 buys mark with zab we got close to 2m against floyd id say.

thats the fight i want to see above all others now, even more than hatton v floyd now.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
tommygunn said:
cotto v floyd is the only fight thats making sense for me, if cotto can break the 1.000.000 buys mark with zab we got close to 2m against floyd id say.

thats the fight i want to see above all others now, even more than hatton v floyd now.
I think a lot of those buys had to do with NY. Zab being from Brooklyn and all those PR's in NY. After "THe world awaits" I can't see Floyd bringing another 1 mil? Could be wrong.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
KNUCKLE UP said:
I think a lot of those buys also had to do with both from NY. After "THe world awaits" I can't see Floyd bringing another 1 mil? Could be wrong.
a lot of guys would pay a lot of dough to see floyd get punk'd me thinks knuckle. :D

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
floyds from vegas, but never does GREAT of PPV by himself, i dont htink it had to do with so much they were both from ny, becasue most from ny went to th efight it looked like. the 1 million buys came from both top ranks ppv card and hbo's ppv card, either way. its an awesome number, but it shows that cotto is becoming a great draw, and zab has that tyson like draw, because you never know what can happen.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
tysonjones said:
floyds from vegas, but never does GREAT of PPV by himself, i dont htink it had to do with so much they were both from ny, becasue most from ny went to th efight it looked like. the 1 million buys came from both top ranks ppv card and hbo's ppv card, either way. its an awesome number, but it shows that cotto is becoming a great draw, and zab has that tyson like draw, because you never know what can happen.
its all about giving the fans what they want lance, and floyd just doesn't do that!

nobody wants to see a 15 punch a round hit and run fiasco, and thats what your more or less getting everytime floyd steps in the ring these days.

still, floyd will struggle to get more money anywhere than a fight with cotto.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I think with boxing just like any sport, most fans are casual fans. Just like with the NBA. Why did so few people watch the finals? Because the Spurs are boring and most knew that the Cavs had no shot. Put the Suns in there and I bet they would have had high ratings. The same goes for boxing. Most people don't want to see Floyd's defense the whole fight. They pay to see fighters let there hands go. Hatton said it best, Floyd is a better fighter then Gatti, but most will reach for that Gatti video before Floyd's.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i agree tommy. I think at this point, cotto draws alot more money in than mosley. Mayweather / cotto is i believe what more fans what to see. I know i want to see it. Both are still primed. Its a fight that has the potential of NEVER happening, and its a fight 10 years form now, people may still be wondering who would of won. QUestions need to be answered. I dont see a way mayweather will be able to fight boring, he will have to fight cotto in order to win.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
its also the #1 147 fighter against the #1 154 fighter, it makes a lot more sense to me than floyd v mosley.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah if floyd is ever going to fight mosley, i would rather it be now than ever furthur off in the future. Mosley will just get older and floyd will get less credit again if he wins. FLoyd vs cotto will most likely still happen in a year or so, hopefully floyd vs mosley happens in november.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
With 1m buys its likely that Cotto-PBF will happen in the near future. Outside of a DLH rematch, which has been ruled out, Mosley or Cotto are the only guys who PBF can make respectable PPV numbers by fighting.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
tommygunn said:
its all about giving the fans what they want lance, and floyd just doesn't do that!

nobody wants to see a 15 punch a round hit and run fiasco, and thats what your more or less getting everytime floyd steps in the ring these days.

still, floyd will struggle to get more money anywhere than a fight with cotto.
I knew you were a closet-Floyd fan. Once again nobody mentions his name yet you bring him up to take a shot at him further proving that he is implanted in everyone's mind everytime they think of boxing. Quit trying to cover it up Tommy. ;)

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
did anyone see that article about floyd being an alien human hybrid who was abducted in 1994, and was replaced with a replica version of himself with a computer chip inside him allowing him to never lose a boxing match, actually he cant lose at anything. When he was asked about it later, he said that the aliens looked alot like zab judah. who would of known. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts