Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By that... I mean... every single great boxer who ever made a name for themselves in The Light Middleweight/Super Welterweight/Junior Middleweight Division (Nino Benvenuti, Julian Jackson, Roberto Duran, Oscar de la Hoya, Terry Norris, Mike McCallum, and Winky Wright)... I reckon Hearns woukd've beaten them all... he beat Duran in 2 Rounds... and I swear... IF JUDGED FAIRLY... he would've beaten Sugar Ray Leanard at 154 lbs. He should've been given the win in 1989... but wasn't (for some reason)... so what I'm saying is this... I reckon Thomas Hearns was the greatest Light Middleweight of all time! Do you agree with me? Yes Or No? State your reason as to why... and if anyone could've beaten him at 154... past... present... and future... and PRIMED... who's that fighter!:cool:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Didn't SRL get the TKO over hearns in the 14th round of a fight Hearns was winning on all three cards? For some reason I can't remember exactly.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Didn't SRL get the TKO over hearns in the 14th round of a fight Hearns was winning on all three cards? For some reason I can't remember exactly.
That was Welterweight at 147... after that fight... Thomas Hearns became a Light Middleweight... and was never beaten in that weight division. I don't think any boxer... in any era... in their prime... as a Light Middleweight... could've beaten Thomas Hearns:cool:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Ok thanks I couldn't recall exactly what weight it was at. Don't you miss the old 15 round fights? It seems like the 12 rounders are over so fast sometimes. :(

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Ok thanks I couldn't recall exactly what weight it was at. Don't you miss the old 15 round fights? It seems like the 12 rounders are over so fast sometimes. :(
I miss them terribly... 12 Rounds is only 36 Minutes! 45 Minutes is more HARDCORE! :D

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
And it allows for more BOXING!!! The better guy has even more time to exert his skills. HARDCORE FOR SURE!

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
And it allows for more BOXING!!! The better guy has even more time to exert his skills. HARDCORE FOR SURE!
BRING BACK 15 ROUNDS:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I would love that. I wish there was a way us boxing fans could make it happen. As the saying goes "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I wish all the top guys in every weight class would fight each other more often. Today fighters are more worried about money. Taking easy fights instead of risking it all. If that were to happen, then I'd love to see 15 rds again.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The "TOP" Fighters dodge other "TOP" fighters in this modern day and age... and only care about the money as well... SHAME ON THEM ALL... this is Don King's World! :mad:

·
Registered
272 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Their first fight they were welters,Hearns ahead before the 14th round stopage. Their second fight was a draw.The second bout was at middle.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
niko said:
Their first fight they were welters,Hearns ahead before the 14th round stopage. Their second fight was a draw.The second bout was at middle.
Thomas Hearns should've been declared the winner via Majority or Unanimous Decision in their 2nd Bout... it was so clear and obvious to the judges... yet for some reason... they scored it a draw! THAT WAS SO CRAP!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
White Tyson said:
Thomas Hearns should've been declared the winner via Majority or Unanimous Decision in their 2nd Bout... it was so clear and obvious to the judges... yet for some reason... they scored it a draw! THAT WAS SO CRAP!!!
There has been alot of fights that the decisions have been crap.
I thought DelaHoya beat Trinidad for one ,but there has been many I guess that's part of the sport.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
niko said:
There has been alot of fights that the decisions have been crap.
I thought DelaHoya beat Trinidad for one ,but there has been many I guess that's part of the sport.
I also thought De La Hoya beat Mosley in at least one of their two fights! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts