Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, am I the only one here that listens to country? I like the old stuff like Hank WIlliams, Bob WIlls, Ray Price, Johnny Cash, Buck Owens, Willie, Waylon, Merle Haggard etc etc. I also like the new Texas stuff like Reckless Kelly, Pat Green, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Cory Morrow Kevin Fowler and stuff like that. Then I get into the off the wall stuff that is almost not classifiable like Lyle Lovett.

·
Registered
472 Posts
countrys sweet, but just like anything there is good and bad within it. I enjoy anything song that acctually says something, it can be country, rock, rap, jazz...

my all time favorite country song is prolly great day to be alive by travis tritt

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
always loved gart Brooks,always will.seen him live in Dublin years ago, was class

I'd challenge anybody to go to a Garth show and not enjoy themselves. I think it's impossible. I saw him in KC last November. Un-freaking-real.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Seriously, am I the only one here that listens to country? I like the old stuff like Hank WIlliams, Bob WIlls, Ray Price, Johnny Cash, Buck Owens, Willie, Waylon, Merle Haggard etc etc. I also like the new Texas stuff like Reckless Kelly, Pat Green, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Cory Morrow Kevin Fowler and stuff like that. Then I get into the off the wall stuff that is almost not classifiable like Lyle Lovett.
I used to hate country with a passion. But it has grown on me this past couple years. I listen to George Strait, Alan Jackson, Brooks & Dunn and such. Just can't listen to hard core rap and other things that I like with 3 kids around.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Classic country music and pre beatles classic rocknroll is my type of music.
When in Texas I had a buddy who worked security for the stars at Billy Bob's Texas. I hung with him and got to meet some of my favs, Waylon Jennings was headlining one night and Johnny Cash showed up to harass him as the Outlaws were known to do. To hear those two BSing with each other was classic. George Straight was a great guy too he said " I'm just a member of the band I'm the vocalist". LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts