Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Create the best card of all time. Pick any fighters from any era from any weight class to make the greatest card of all time.

Marciano-Frazier (main event)

Holmes-Foreman

Pep-Sanchez

Hearns-Robinson

Hagler-LaMotta

Arguello-De La Hoya

Ali-Tyson

Spinks-Foster

Charles-Tunney

Dempsey-Lewis

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Roy Jones vs Sugar Ray robinson at 160

Tito Trinidads vs Miguel Cotto at 147

Oscar de la hoya vs Floyd mayweather at 130

Shane mosley vs Ray leonard at 147

Marvin Hagler vs Tommy Hearns II

Mike Tyson vs Rocky Marciano

Barrera vs Morales IV

Manny pacquiao vs prince naseem hamed

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Ali vs Tyson (main event)

Leonard vs Mayweather

Duran vs Whittaker

Hopkins vs Hagler

Holyfield vs Louis

The main event is an obvious choice this question has been asked million times who would win Ali or Tyson.

I would like to see Sugar Ray and mayweather go at it cause i think Floyd would catch a beating and a brutal one.

Whittaker and Duran are both 2 of my all time favourites fighters.

Hopkins vs Hagler i put there cause im just curious to see how that match would have gone.

And Holyfield is my all time favorite and too see him against Louis would be a dream.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Ali vs Tyson (heavy)
Ray Robinson vs Hopkins (middle)
Ray Leonard vs Floyd mayweather jr (welter)
Nigel Benn vs Jones Jr (super middle)
De la hoya vs Tommy Hearns (welter)
Hatton vs Duran (light welter)
Prince Naz vs Manny Pacquio (feather)

Few of the fights i would have loved to see.

heres my predictions

Ali vs Tyson (Ali UD)
Ray Robinson vs Hopkins (Ray 8KO)
Ray Leonard vs Floyd mayweather jr (Leonard UD)
Nigel Benn vs Jones Jr (Benn 10KO)
De la hoya vs Tommy Hearns (Hoya SD)
Hatton vs Duran (Duran UD)
Prince Naz vs Manny Pacquio (Naz 6KO)

i wasnt sure about benn and jones and hoya and hearns because to me they are close matchups. I go with benn because he is one of my fav boxers and Hoya a SD against tommy.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Jones is so much better than Benn that they should not be compared imo, but i guess your british so :D Id say Jones by 4th rd ko

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Brutus said:
Jones is so much better than Benn that they should not be compared imo, but i guess your british so :D Id say Jones by 4th rd ko
Id kinda agree. Benn was ferocious at 160, had absolutely deadly power. Benn was dying to fight Jones, but the fight never happened. I think RJ would have stopped Benn too, id say 8th TKO.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Joe Frazier vs Joe Louis at heavy (main event)

Roy Jones Jr vs Sugar Ray Robinson at middle

Jack Dempsey vs Marvin Hagler at middle

Sugar Ray Leonard vs Pernell Whitaker at welter

Roberto Duran vs Julio Cesar Chavez at light welter

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
My main event would be Ali-Louis

Tyson-Marciano -To shut up the Marciano lovers.

Mayweather-Leonard

Mosley-Whittaker

Hagler-Hopkins

and a few more...I can't think right now.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Tyson-Marciano -To shut up the Marciano lovers.
It would save us our breath. Then you would see that Tyson truly is overrated...

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TysonJones said:
oh bill lets not turn this into the same thread you always turn it into, lets stay on subject. Good cards guys.
Hey, it can't just be me if a certain someone keeps biting.;)

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
Ali Vs. Lennox Lewis (Wins)

Joe Louis vs, Holyfield ( Wins)

Holmes Vs. Vitali Klitschko ( Wins)

Sugar Ray Leonard (Wins) Vs. Pretty Boy Floyd

Hagler(Wins) Vs. Hopkins

Frazier Vs. Tyson(Wins)

Marciano Vs. Foreman(Wins)

Ray Robinson Vs. Oscar(Wins)

Duran(Wins) vs. Tito

Dempsey Vs. Vlad (Wins)

I would buy the pay per view on this night

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Vitali Rules said:

Hagler(Wins) Vs. Hopkins

Frazier Vs. Tyson(Wins)

Duran(Wins) vs. Tito

Dempsey Vs. Vlad (Wins)

While I disagree with 95% of your choices, good card.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Vitali Rules said:

Hagler(Wins) Vs. Hopkins

Frazier Vs. Tyson(Wins)

Duran(Wins) vs. Tito

Dempsey Vs. Vlad (Wins)

Imo
No way Lewis wins ali
No way Vitali wins Holmes
NO ******* WAY Oscars wins robinson
And Dempsey would murde Wlad imo

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
Brutus said:
Imo
No way Lewis wins ali
No way Vitali wins Holmes
NO ******* WAY Oscars wins robinson
And Dempsey would murde Wlad imo
Look at the size differences the new guys would kill the older generation sorry.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Vitali Rules said:
Look at the size differences the new guys would kill the older generation sorry.

Look at the shape difference. The new guys would kill the older guys fists with their faces.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Vitali Rules said:

The only notable size difference is Wlad and Dempsey, Robsinson vs De La Hoya would not be any kind of size difference same with Vitali and Holmes, and Lewis vs Ali is not that much of a size difference i mean Lewis was 6.5 but Foreman is 6.4 if i remember right.

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
Brutus said:
The only notable size difference is Wlad and Dempsey, Robsinson vs De La Hoya would not be any kind of size difference same with Vitali and Holmes, and Lewis vs Ali is not that much of a size difference i mean Lewis was 6.5 but Foreman is 6.4 if i remember right.
Foreman is 6'3 and was 220 when they fought a 6'5 240 lb Lewis would destroy Ali. Ali would out quick him but if Lewis got him in the ropes it would be over sorry. I like the old guys but sport always gets better. Know size difference between Holmes and Vitali. Holmes 6'2 215 lbs in his prime. Klitschko 6'8 240lbs a little size difference I would say. You can't even compare the power of old to the power of the new guys they all have more power. Also Bill are you saying that larry was in the better shape than Lewis or the klitschkos no don't think so. I mean not to be disrespectful to the older fighters but I can name a few ofyjr new fighters that would have dominated in the past. Both Klitschkos, Lewis, Golota,Bowe,Tyson and Holyfield to name a few.
See pic below for size difference. As you can see Vlad is leaned over and still has Ali by 2 to 3 inches and he come to Vitali's chin. Also Brutus Dempsey 6'1 185 lbs and Vlad 6'7 240 lbs. Dempsey would be crushed to little powder the pure size of the Super Heavyweight would rule.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Ok Vitali you are overrating the Klitscho bros so much, have you even seen Wlad vs Lamob Brewster I, and dont give me that he was drugged thingy the exam he took afterwars was clean and if he is such a great he should be able to beat Brewster on crack, im sure Ali would.

and Vlad wouldnt even hit Ali in his prime, Vlad had a avarage jab and would never have hit Ali or even Holmes im pretty sure Holmes would outland Vlad with his jab.

And Vitali_rules if you think the klitscho bros have more power than George Foreman tell me one thing Foreman in his prime(frazier fight nr 1 imo) how many rounds do you think Corrie Sanders and Danny Williams would have lasted with him? i would predict neither one making it trough the first round, they both made it to the 8th against Vitali.

But wow i could actually argue for a long time how much better Ali, Frazier, Foreman and all those guys are than the Klitschos. Altough Lewis beating ali is not that much of a far shot.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.