Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The best lyricists content contain complexity of rhymes, metafors, versatility, storytelling, verse construction, etc.

1-Beanie Sigel
2-Jay-Z
3-Jadkiss
4-Cassidy
5-Lil Wayne
6-Fabolous
7-Game
8-Nas
9-T.I.
10-Mos Def

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
The best lyricists content contain complexity of rhymes, metafors, versatility, storytelling, verse construction, etc.

1-Beanie Sigel
2-Jay-Z
3-Jadkiss
4-Cassidy
5-Lil Wayne
6-Fabolous
7-Game
8-Nas
9-T.I.
10-Mos Def
1. Eminem
2. Jay-Z
3. Lil Wayne
4. Luda
5. Beanie Siegel
6. Fabo
7. Nas
8. Juelz
9. Jada
10. Game

EDIT: Obie Trice has to be somewhere on my list.

Man I could switch these up on a dime, and I'm forgetting some for sure. Cassidy is solid on the mixtapes, and that first album was aiight. I just can't put him with these guys right now.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'm not denying Cassidy is nasty as hell. To me Eminem is still current since King Mathers is dropping in October.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
How anybody can put Lil Wayne on a top Lyricists list and not have somebody like Lloyd Banks on it is beyond me.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
How anybody can put Lil Wayne on a top Lyricists list and not have somebody like Lloyd Banks on it is beyond me.
Cuase he doesnt even spit the same number of punchlines anymore and they arent as creative as before. Hes not even shining that much on tracks like before. Wayne is nice, he said "You like 44, I got a 44, I'm 24, Icould murc you and come home when I'm 44"I

I'm not denying Cassidy is nasty as hell. To me Eminem is still current since King Mathers is dropping in October.
Em hasnt dropped anything (mixtape, album) since the greatest hits like 2 years ago and that was a greatest hits with like 1 new song. Till he comes out with a mixtape with new songs or the album drops, he's not current in my book.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Cuase he doesnt even spit the same number of punchlines anymore and they arent as creative as before. Hes not even shining that much on tracks like before. Wayne is nice, he said "You like 44, I got a 44, I'm 24, Icould murc you and come home when I'm 44"I

Em hasnt dropped anything (mixtape, album) since the greatest hits like 2 years ago and that was a greatest hits with like 1 new song. Till he comes out with a mixtape with new songs or the album drops, he's not current in my book.
I can dig that. Have you heard Black Juice? I'm not sure if that is new or not.

·
Registered
472 Posts
in no particular order

nas
jada
lupe
common
immortal tech
styles p
cassidy
talib
jay
and maybe eminem, well have to see what he does on his next album...he can rip track and he can also **** up big time

·
Registered
472 Posts
^^^ lupe and talib would eat any "gangsta" out there. They are both so good, you can feel their albums 3+ years after they drop. I still jam to talibs beautiful struggle all the time, good album

"gangsta" gets old quick, you can only rap about rims, hoes and weed for so long. I enjoy listening to music you sit back and be like "hes talking about some REAL ****.." and still kill tracks

I dont know how real it is to rap about "lollipops" and "candy shops" LMAO to anyone that spent 15 dollars to hear that garbage

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Lupe Fiasco, Common, Mos Def, The Roots, Dilated People, Slum Village, Little Brother, Talib Kweli.

Fukk gangsta rap lol.
This is a nice list. Id also add Nas as he is a very good lyricist. Probably Kanye as well.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
^^^ lupe and talib would eat any "gangsta" out there. They are both so good, you can feel their albums 3+ years after they drop. I still jam to talibs beautiful struggle all the time, good album

"gangsta" gets old quick, you can only rap about rims, hoes and weed for so long. I enjoy listening to music you sit back and be like "hes talking about some REAL ****.." and still kill tracks

I dont know how real it is to rap about "lollipops" and "candy shops" LMAO to anyone that spent 15 dollars to hear that garbage
This is a nice list. Id also add Nas as he is a very good lyricist. Probably Kanye as well.
I agree 100% with all of this.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
1. Eminem
2. Jay-Z
3. Lil Wayne
4. Luda
5. Beanie Siegel
6. Fabo
7. Nas
8. Juelz
9. Jada
10. Game

EDIT: Obie Trice has to be somewhere on my list.

Man I could switch these up on a dime, and I'm forgetting some for sure. Cassidy is solid on the mixtapes, and that first album was aiight. I just can't put him with these guys right now.
I'm swappin Game out for T.I.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts