Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
9lbs in one week is gonna be tough, it's iffy. Eat high carb, low protein foods. Run inside i.e. on the treadmill and etc to sweat more. Just step up your cardio alot in general. However many calories you consume in a day, cut atleast 1k off, and the rest of your calories should mostly come from carbs(healthy carbs that is). Eat smaller and more meals a day(instead of 3 big ones, 6 small ones). WO more than once a day. Just be careful not to injure yourself, and don't fast.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Thats basically fasting which I don't recommend at all, BUT, sadly thats probably going to be the only way you'll lose 10lbs in 7 days. You should have been around your fighting weight in the first place, then you could shed the couple pnds the healthy way, if you do do whats it says in the article, I strongly suggest you do it only this one time and never again. Fasting is very dangerous to your body and overall health, and in my opinion is for those certain people who just wanna cheat themselves.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont normally do this, i normally weight 135 and fight at 132. but i just got a last minute call to fighht at 126 and im taking it thats the onley reson why i have to cut so much. have u guys everytried chewing gum and spitting in a bottle for a couple hours , i heard u can drop a couple pounds doing that also?

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you think that article says just to fast then you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. 10lbs is going to be more of a pain to cut than 2 or 3 pounds would be, but that's not to say that it's unsafe or particularly unhealthy if you do it correctly. The article gives you some safe, healthy ways to cut the weight, and ways to replenish yourself after the weigh-ins.

As for spitting and chewing gum: I used to know some wrestlers in highschool that did it, but I never bothered. You can probably drop a half-pound by spitting if you do it all day long, but at that point it's not really worth it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
If you think that article says just to fast then you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. 10lbs is going to be more of a pain to cut than 2 or 3 pounds would be, but that's not to say that it's unsafe or particularly unhealthy if you do it correctly. The article gives you some safe, healthy ways to cut the weight, and ways to replenish yourself after the weigh-ins.

As for spitting and chewing gum: I used to know some wrestlers in highschool that did it, but I never bothered. You can probably drop a half-pound by spitting if you do it all day long, but at that point it's not really worth it.
Didn't say it says just to fast, but it is in fact fasting, maybe you need to read over it again or study up on how the body works. The guy is taking a suttle approach to it, and has some good ideas, but it all comes down to simple fasting in the end. Easy with the insults, we've had enough of "cyber-tough" guys in this forum. Crowley do what you want. If I was you, I'd do whatever it takes to make weight so do what you have to do in order to make that happen.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Wtf are you doing here? You need to get your ass in a gym, sauna, and/or vapor room. Combine that with a good diet and you'll might be able to take off all 10, if you can't. Take caffiene pills, milk of magnesia (or something like it), and eliminate liquids for a certain period.

Note: Try everything you can to lose it without having to eliminate liquids. This means working out as much as possible and puting a good diet in place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts