Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
If he's gonna put Taylor in his "next 10" then for my money he should have Kessler in there as well. Both lost to a guy in the top 10, but Kessler did a lot better than Taylor did. Obviously everyone's pissed off at him not fighting miranda (which imo he didn't have to do just cos everyone wanted to see it, tho he would've destroyed miranda) but it doesn't make him any less of a fighter.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I agree with his list except bhop and marquez are 9 and 10. Cotto should be 4. The rest look fine I guess. 1 is all that matters to me.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
i can't believe wink is still in the top 10!

i agree with the rest of it maybe cootto no.4 instead of 5 but apart from that i agree with it.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Roy hasn't won a meaningful fight since the first Tarver match, no way he should be top 30 IMO.

Hopkins deserves his spot, i fully expect to see an execution before he hangs them up.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
no roy jones??? not even in the top 20? but Bhop is 6th???
Yeah, I would have to agree with tommy, although he was still top 10 p4p when he lost to tarver. He's rated 7th in the lhw division I believe. But he's not p4p anymore. He has a chance at upsetting calzaghe but his p4p days are over sadly. One of the best p4p champs ever though.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Hopkins is not top 10 p4p anymore even though it was close, he looked way too old all through that fight and he actualy looked ready to go just on constant pressure. Even though Guzman doesn't have alot of power at 130 he should be at least in the top 12 replacing De La Hoya. I would pick him over Pacquiao, JMM, John and Vasquez.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I still consider roy a better p4p fighter then hopkins. Hopkins didnt look very good last week. Not to mention he was clearly out of shape from all the clitching and trying to buy time "faking" the low blow in the 10th i beleive. I dont think JC looks very good either to be honest...those slaps dont impress me, i dont care if he slaps 6 times a second.

Roy loosk pretty good in the tito fight. He was clearly toying with him near the end. Sure tito faught at a weight he prolyl shouldnt have but still choose to take the fight. There was basically no clitching at all and roy looked good the whole way trough. Good speed and power as well. I really think Roy can put JC in his place if they ever meet.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Overall, I consider RJ much higher than hopkins as a p4p fighter. Neither imo are p4p fighters anymore, although rj still has p4p the fastest hands in the business.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I find it intriguing that Hopkins is on this list and Jones is not... What, the, :thumbsdown:

Lets do some thinking:
Trinidad beat (cough) De la Hoya (who is on the list) and Jones BEAT on trinidad.
Winky beat trinidad in a way less beautiful manner yet he's on the list...
Jones is the most dominating athlete ever.
Jones BEAT on Hopkins...

Every opponent on the P4P list he has faced he has beaten.

C'mon... Let's stop embedding ourselves in history and setting our ideas in stone people!

(Insert RJJ fans that defend him not being on the list to appear neutral)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hopkins is better than Jones right now. That is clear, hence the reasoning behind the rankings.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
The rankins are judged on results on who you've beat and fought lately. Not what you were 5 years ago.

Considering Hopkins was 4 and he lost to the guy at 5 he'll still get his top 10 spot. If you lose to another fighter in the top 10 you dont drop out of it.

Hatton is still in the top 10 P4P, he is ranked 8 right now by the ring.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts