Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WORLD champion super-flyweight Vic Darchinyan has signed on for a $2 million grudge match against Mexican nemesis Jorge Arce in the US next year.

The title bout is expected to be staged in Los Angeles or Las Vegas on February 7, with American promoter Gary Shaw tipped to announce the deal with US television giant Showtime tomorrow.

IBF, WBA and WBC champion Darchinyan has pledged to silence Arce, who famously branded him a "fraud'' and "a big mouth'' in an unprovoked verbal attack earlier this year.

Team Darchinyan manager Elias Nassar signed the super-flyweight bout contract last Wednesday. Darchinyan told The Sunday Telegraph he wanted this fight ever since Arce took aim at him unnecessarily.

"Arce's a strong fighter, he's going to stand in front and throw punches so it's going to be an exciting fight,'' Darchinyan said.

"There's going to be plenty of bombs being traded. But I haven't forgotten what he said about me.

"I'm going to remind him in the ring about his big statement, I'm going to let him know who is the real fraud.

"Let's see where his career goes after I'm finished with him. He will be retiring.''

In an interview earlier this year, Arce was asked his thoughts on the only man to have beaten Darchinyan, Nonito Donaire.

The Mexican's response was cutting.

"I think he's a great champion and looks like a good fighter. But I think he hit the lottery by fighting Vic Darchinyan,'' Arce said.

"I've always said it, Vic Darchinyan is nothing, he's a fraud.

"The only thing that Darchinyan has is a big mouth, but he can't back it up. He talks a big game, but when he gets into the ring he can't do s---.''

Arce's record is 54 fights, 47 wins, 37 knock outs, four losses and one draw. The former WBO world champion is nicknamed "the Mexican Cowboy'' and always enters the ring wearing a trademark black wide-rimmed hat.

He was comprehensively pummeled by Cristian Mijares, the man Darchinyan took apart to become unified super-flyweight champion earlier this month. Source

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Darchinyan style is just made for Arce. The way Vic comes forward with his elbows up, I'm pretty sure has Arce drooling. Arce is a great body puncher. I see him destroying Vic's rib cage and stopping him in the mid rounds.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arce is gonna get it.
Yeah he is.
Darchinyan style is just made for Arce. The way Vic comes forward with his elbows up, I'm pretty sure has Arce drooling. Arce is a great body puncher. I see him destroying Vic's rib cage and stopping him in the mid rounds.
Before Mijares-Arce I would have agreed, but after that fight Jorge hasn't been the same. He almost got knocked out by a slow, inexperienced, and scared Concepcion. Darchinyan is gonna knock Arce out, it will be brutal.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I normally don't care too much for the smaller guys but Vic/Arce is a fight made for the fans. Any fight with Vic in it is worth the $$. Vic by KO in the 6th.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Yeah he is.

Before Mijares-Arce I would have agreed, but after that fight Jorge hasn't been the same. He almost got knocked out by a slow, inexperienced, and scared Concepcion. Darchinyan is gonna knock Arce out, it will be brutal.
:laugh::laugh: Concepcion was not scared. That's just stupid to say. Concepcion was coming of a win over super prospect AJ Banal. He was a young, hungry fighter who was facing a big name in Arce. He brought his best and lost. It was a good win for Arce. I'm not expecting Darchinyan to get blown out. He'll be competitive. But he will lose. By knock out

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:laugh::laugh: Concepcion was not scared. That's just stupid to say. Concepcion was coming of a win over super prospect AJ Banal. He was a young, hungry fighter who was facing a big name in Arce. He brought his best and lost. It was a good win for Arce. I'm not expecting Darchinyan to get blown out. He'll be competitive. But he will lose. By knock out
Ok... So was that's why he started to move side to side and trying to hold. The way he fought against Banal and Arce after the first round are totally different after the 4th. Scared is probably too strong, but that dude was constantly hurt and fighting like it. Anyway, I'd bet all my credits on a Darchinyan win.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i want Arce to KO Vic.. coz Vic's manager/promoter called vic a Mexican killer? he needs a lesson from a Veteran Mexican. anyway it'll be a Great Match-up.
----------------------------

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'll give you 3:1 odds for whatever amount you wanna bet. I got Darchinyan.
i want Arce to KO Vic.. coz Vic's manager/promoter called vic a Mexican killer? he needs a lesson from a Veteran Mexican. anyway it'll be a Great Match-up.
----------------------------
Arce will not be stopping Vic man.

Welcome to the forum! We're glad to have you around!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Arce is over the hill man. He's gonna get beat up. It will be an exciting war with one man taking more punishment but fighting back.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Wow i see this match being competitive for 4 rounds, then it will be ugly and brutal and Arce will be stopped.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Arce is over the hill man. He's gonna get beat up. It will be an exciting war with one man taking more punishment but fighting back.
Last time I checked Darchinyan was the older fighter. Arce is all guts. He's battled tested. He's been dropped and gotten up to win. Darchinyan? Only time he got dropped his ass couldn't get back up. And that was to an above average puncher in Donaire. Arce hits much harder. Seriously I see no way Vic sees the 12th round.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Last time I checked Darchinyan was the older fighter. Arce is all guts. He's battled tested. He's been dropped and gotten up to win. Darchinyan? Only time he got dropped his ass couldn't get back up. And that was to an above average puncher in Donaire. Arce hits much harder. Seriously I see no way Vic sees the 12th round.
Being past your best has nothing to do with age in boxing. It depends on the individual. Arce has still enough left to be competitive but I see him getting starched.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts