• gorres points

Votes: 1 12.5%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to know peoples opinions and prediction for this fight
ive never seen gorres fight but heard his a very slick boxer but doesnt like to get hit and has a suspect chin
although vic didnt look all that good in his last fight i think he will still get the ko probably while his behind on points

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Vic by stoppage.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Vic is one dimensional but its one great dimension. Any boxer who can take his shot will probably beat him if they don't tire. I just don't see Gorres being that fighter.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I heard this fight was a draw. I don't think anybody expected that

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
The battle between Z Gorres and Vic Darchinyan ended in a controversial split draw moments ago at the Waterfront Hotel in Cebu. Darchinyan was credited a knockdown as Gorres clearly lost his balance as he slipped, making the crowd rowdy as they pelted the ring with coins and bottled water. Gorres came back in the second round as he hit Darchinyan with a clean left hook to the face. Fron then on it was action-packed as both combatants exchanged clean blows. In the 6th round, Gorres got hit by a headbutt, causing an ugly gash on his right forehead. Gorres bled profusely throughout the match and seemed to be fading towards the end. The Filipino however hung tough as he avoided Darchinyan's blows with good head and body movements. A left straight that hit Gorres' right shoulder and barely hitting his face floored the Filipino in the 9th canto. Darchinyan strafed Gorres with wild lefts, a few of them caught Gorres. Scores were 113-112 for Gorres, 114-112 for Darchinyan and the third judge saw it 113-113.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
This computer just went crazy! I keep reading that it was a highly controversial draw. Most felt Darchinyan deserved the nod. I thought he won after Tommy's post.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
The battle between Z Gorres and Vic Darchinyan ended in a controversial split draw moments ago at the Waterfront Hotel in Cebu. Darchinyan was credited a knockdown as Gorres clearly lost his balance as he slipped, making the crowd rowdy as they pelted the ring with coins and bottled water. Gorres came back in the second round as he hit Darchinyan with a clean left hook to the face. Fron then on it was action-packed as both combatants exchanged clean blows. In the 6th round, Gorres got hit by a headbutt, causing an ugly gash on his right forehead. Gorres bled profusely throughout the match and seemed to be fading towards the end. The Filipino however hung tough as he avoided Darchinyan's blows with good head and body movements. A left straight that hit Gorres' right shoulder and barely hitting his face floored the Filipino in the 9th canto. Darchinyan strafed Gorres with wild lefts, a few of them caught Gorres. Scores were 113-112 for Gorres, 114-112 for Darchinyan and the third judge saw it 113-113.More to come...

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
The battle between Z Gorres and Vic Darchinyan ended in a controversial split draw moments ago at the Waterfront Hotel in Cebu. Darchinyan was credited a knockdown as Gorres clearly lost his balance as he slipped, making the crowd rowdy as they pelted the ring with coins and bottled water. Gorres came back in the second round as he hit Darchinyan with a clean left hook to the face. Fron then on it was action-packed as both combatants exchanged clean blows. In the 6th round, Gorres got hit by a headbutt, causing an ugly gash on his right forehead. Gorres bled profusely throughout the match and seemed to be fading towards the end. The Filipino however hung tough as he avoided Darchinyan's blows with good head and body movements. A left straight that hit Gorres' right shoulder and barely hitting his face floored the Filipino in the 9th canto. Darchinyan strafed Gorres with wild lefts, a few of them caught Gorres. Scores were 113-112 for Gorres, 114-112 for Darchinyan and the third judge saw it 113-113.More to come...

Copy cat.........

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I just saw this fight (WBVA download). And I think Darchinyan should of got the win. The flip crowd was a ******* disgrace. Throwing **** into the ring. Gorress was lucky to get the draw

1 - 19 of 19 Posts