Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Destroyed Blanco.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

3 medals in boxing,3 still going for the gold

·
Registered
661 Posts
Absolute quality! Sutherland seems to have really stepped it up. Beating a world number two with complete ease is some achievement for anyone!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolute quality! Sutherland seems to have really stepped it up. Beating a world number two with complete ease is some achievement for anyone!
he looked class. Billy Walsh has done some job with them.

3 guaranteed medals in boxing out of 5 fighters, some achivement:thumbsup:
Darren and Kenny fighting to Brits in next round. we will see who has bragging rights soon enough:laugh:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Degale-Sutherland should be a great fight.
Yeah it should be, they seem to really hate each other. Their 4 nations fight was close, Sutherland won it 10-9 and Sutherland seems to have improved seriously since then. Degale needs to tighten up his guard. I'm really looking forward to this one now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it should be, they seem to really hate each other. Their 4 nations fight was close, Sutherland won it 10-9 and Sutherland seems to have improved seriously since then. Degale needs to tighten up his guard. I'm really looking forward to this one now.
There's definitely bad blood between them. I think Sutherland will take this one, should be an outstanding fight. Degale leaves his hands low too often and I think Suthrland will exploit this.

·
Registered
661 Posts
There's definitely bad blood between them. I think Sutherland will take this one, should be an outstanding fight. Degale leaves his hands low too often and I think Suthrland will exploit this.
I agree, he seems to hit fookin hard as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they have fought 5 times darren has won 4 of them. before i would of said that is a good guage of what to expect, but you just have to throw the record books out the window in this olympics

·
Registered
661 Posts
Sutherland is turning pro after these games as well, I think it's very possible he can make the transition well.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I've been talking about this guy since I first seen him fight and knockout an Algerian fighter (who was no slouch). The way he got that knockout was impressive, he just kept coming forward, hitting the guy clean with a ton of power shots from different angles. He was charismatic in his post interview and I could actually understand what he was saying, I see him taking the gold, he also has a bright future in the pros.

·
Banned
100 Posts
Yeap. Even though the US team was a wash-out this year, Ireland has a first-time-ever big three guys in the medal rounds, and India has it's first guy ever in there too. Way to go for two of my favorite countries!

I'm looking forward to seeing James Deagle and Darren Sutherland duke it out. Deagle's fluid, open, quick straight punching against Sutherland's ruggedness, tight defense, and hooking. It promises to be an outstanding contrast of styles.

And who knows? Maybe Deontay Wilder can upset Russo Clemente? It's been an Olympic tournament defined by it's upsets.

Hey fellas, I hadn't thought about this before, but I have been doing Olympic boxing coverage for AC. Thus far I've done a daily string of reports, plus a feature on the US 2008 and 1984 teams, and a bit about Teofilo Stevenson and Felix Savon. If you are interested, my master index is located here. The Olympic material dominates the top of the list with 15-something entries so far, so it's not hard to find.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Fair play to Degale, but watching the final I thought I was watching Kid Thunder and Charlie Zelenoff:laugh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts