Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

David Haye Confronts Klitschko

4K views 83 replies 18 participants last post by  BigDigga 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hayes been on TV all day over here, he wants the fight next summer if Wlad gets past his 2 mando's. He is predicting he will win inside 6 rounds.

#7 ·
Fraudly and Williams look to be having there rubber match next. Haye and Fraudly confirmed last week that they are actualy close freinds and they wont fight unless they are both world champions.

They've sparred hundreds and hundreds of rounds together.

#8 ·
'Klitschko, trapped on the stairs, hit back by telling the Englishman....

...the 32-year-old Ukrainian said: "I'd hardly heard of David Haye until I arrived in London but he's been following me around.'

Lmao, STAlKER! I think Haye is an amazing talent and deffinatly in my eyes has the abilty to become HW champ but i think he is getting bit to over-excited he shouldn't underestimate some of those heavies.. literally, because it could be disatrous.

#9 ·
Haye is making a huge mistake. He's the only guy at overweight that I could give two shitts about right now, and he's going straight for the best out there after moving up from cruiser. He needs to step back and take his time before he goes after Klitschko. Wlad puts him to sleep with the first right hand he reluctantly decides to throw.

#10 ·
Wlads reluctance to throw punches is what will get him knocked out. Haye will just atack him from the first bell with speed power and agility. Haye will catch him at one point in the first 3 rounds, Wlad isnt guarenteed to catch anyone in a whole fight. When Haye catches him how is he gonna react? I think we all know because we've seen it happen 11 times already in his career. He hgits the deck. Haye is an awsome finisher when he gets his guy hurt too. Once he gets you your out of there.

#11 ·
#16 ·
I think it would be an exciting matchup. But, I think Vlad could control Haye with his great jab and reach, and one big right hand would probably chop him down. I love Hayes energy and he would certainly be a live underdog, but I would have to favor Klitschko in this one.

#36 ·
i agree, steve. haye will may cause klitschko to look scary early similar to the way lewis did against tua. but i thin the fight ultimately ends the same way.

peter couldnt knock Wlad out with a clean right and im not sure that Haye punches harder. People are making a mistake if they think that as sonn as Haye lands a right hand the fight is over.
agreed.

Ha very true :p Mayweather truly is the classless king of boxing :)
as classless as some of you view mayweather he wouldn't crash a charity function.

I don't think he will be as powerful as Wlad/Peter, but he'll be much faster than both, especially Peter. And there's certainly no doubting the fact that Haye will have the power to trouble Wlad. Haye's problem will be his chin and defense, his defense is very poor and his chin hasn't looked the strongest so far in his career.
yup yup. which is why i see klitschko winning. haye has plenty of time to change my mind though.

#21 ·
The heavyweight division is utterly rancid shat at the moment and has been for some time.

Wlad would not have got his nose sniffing anywhere near a world title in most eras of of the division, certainly not in the 90s or 70s.

It is a matter of time till someone comes along and knocks the shat out of every muppett in this division, and believe me wlad is a muppett waiting to be taken just as the rest are.

Can Haye do it?

Not so sure, not sure how he will carry the weight or how his chin will be in the heavies, I certainly think he has the power to knock wlad out though even now at cruiserweight....depends on his own chin and how he works out at heavy...

Is it just me though or would it be good for world boxing if Haye could knock him out and start going after the other belts?

I hope he does or I hope another decent fighter does because these muppetts are a total joke.:eek:

#22 ·
Some of the Greatest Heavyweights in History have chased after opponents.

Ali did it to Sonny Liston, Jack Johnson to Tommy Burns and even Lennox Lewis used to drag opponents into court in order to get them to face him in the ring.

Haye saw an opportunity to get under Klitschko's skin and get some hype started and he took it - credit to him. :)

#25 ·
Everyone here has seen Wlads fights right? He's been down and on queer street fighting doormen from germany. :laugh:

Haye is probably the hardest puncher in boxing, he's quick as lightning too. He'll take Wlad out. You can take that to the bank.

#29 ·
I will have to wait and see how Haye looks against a decent HW until i start saying he will knock every hw out inside 2 rounds. And altho Haye is on of the hardest punchers p4p wise i will have to wait and see if his power will be on Wlads and Peters level.

#30 ·
I don't think he will be as powerful as Wlad/Peter, but he'll be much faster than both, especially Peter. And there's certainly no doubting the fact that Haye will have the power to trouble Wlad. Haye's problem will be his chin and defense, his defense is very poor and his chin hasn't looked the strongest so far in his career.

#31 ·
Yup we just have to wait and see how the kid does before making crazy predictions that he is the second coming of Prince Naseem hamed just the Lennox Lewis version or something. The kid got talent but he will be facing guys much bigger than him in the future.

#37 ·
I agree with Toms assesment of the fight. Hayes chin does worry me, especially against not just a very powerful puncher, but a very accurate puncher in Klitschko. I mean, I'm not gonna say Wlad hasnt showed a weak chin himself, but with his length, his accurate straight punches, and his good defense, I think he stops Haye inside 8.
Should be a great fight though if they make it, which I hope they do.

#39 ·
I wouldnt rule it out either. I just think Haye is really stepping up in class here and Wlad has more power than anyone he's faced, and is probably a smarter boxer than anyone hes faced. Not to mention hes probably got a better jab than anyone in cruiser OR heavyweight divisions right now and knows how to use it properly.

#45 ·
If nothing else a fight with Haye would show what Klits really made of, he won't be able to just sit in the pocket and just throw jabs at Haye like he did versus Sultan.
I don't know. I thought that's exactly what Klits would do. I see the jab winning the fight for Klitscho more so then his right hand. he'll simply keep David at bay with it till he can sneak in a few rights that will finish the job. I think it was Lance that said Haye should come in Tyson style and lok to end it early. that may be his best chance I think because we all know how weak Klitscho's chin is.

#42 ·
I think he fought a smart fight against Sultan. Sultan was a speedy boxer-puncher and Wlad utilized his jab very effectively and had Ibragamov frustrated and confused after 3 rounds.
I think he'll keep Haye at the end of his jab for a few rounds and then start sneaking the right hand in to chop Haye down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.