Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

David Haye Targets Vitali, Wants Him After Wladimir

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  mtt_c 
#1 ·
By Mark Vester

Former undisputed cruiserweight champion David Haye is not impressed with Vitali Klitschko's one-sided beating of Samuel Peter to capture the WBC heavyweight title. Klitschko returned after almost four-years to capture the title he last held before retiring.

Haye returns to heavyweight on November 15, taking on Monte Barrett at the O2 Arena in London. For months, Haye has called out Wladimir Klitschko and wants the fight to take place in the early part of the new year. Now he wants older brother Vitali, right after the bout with Wladimir. He says that his speed and boxing style will be too much for either brother to handle.

“Give me Wladimir first, then I’ll take on the older brother. Neither of them has the speed I can show them, and they are both vulnerable,” Haye told Telegraph Sport.

Source:
David Haye Targets Vitali, Wants Him After Wladimir - Boxing News

#9 ·
If I were either Klitschkos, I wouldn't worry about David Hayes until he gets at least 4-5 fights in the HW division. Im saying that because, even though he was the champ at (cruiserweight?) and is a legitimate badass, it wouldn't make sense for them to give him a shot until he becomes a legitimate threat at HW.

They have nothing to gain right now. Hayes will call them out, make a publicity stunt (aka Clubber Lang in Rocky 2) out of it and until he starts getting hit by the HWs and beating them, he's a non factor. The other thing is that even tho both Kbros. are slower, bigger targets-every punch delivers a wallop. Those constant jabs start hurting after awhile and Wladimir's biggest weapon is Emmanuelle Steward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.