• Haye

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Maccarinelli

Votes: 8 36.4%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
In one of the most eagerly awaited cruiserweight unification fights ever, WBA and WBC champion David Haye (21-1, 20 KOs) destroyed WBO champion Enzo Maccarinelli (28-2, 21 KOs) in two rounds on Saturday night at the O2 Arena in London. After an even first round, Haye began to land in round two, then he floored Maccarinelli with a brutal barrage of punches. A wobbly Macca beat the count but reeled around the ring and referee John Keane waved it off at 2:04. Haye now plans to move up to the heavyweight division

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
The safe bet here is the under.. im going to say Haye by KO, but he'll have to get up off the canvas to do so.

i'll be rooting for both guys in this one but i think enzo wins by ko, haye claims only to be 70% of his best at cruiser and thats not going to be good enough to beat enzo IMO.

both fighters have shavers like power though so a KO either way wouldn't be surprising at all.

im glad they got this one sorted out. :)

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
i'll be rooting for both guys in this one but i think enzo wins by ko, haye claims only to be 70% of his best at cruiser and thats not going to be good enough to beat enzo IMO.

both fighters have shavers like power though so a KO either way wouldn't be surprising at all.

im glad they got this one sorted out. :)
Yeh, its a pick'em but i think Haye will do the business. Both guys have awesome power and suspect chins, Enzo's defense is alot tighter but Haye's has abit faster handspeed. Both have great jabs, but Enzo uses his alot more effectively. It could be who lands first.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Yeh, its a pick'em but i think Haye will do the business. Both guys have awesome power and suspect chins, Enzo's defense is alot tighter but Haye's has abit faster handspeed. Both have great jabs, but Enzo uses his alot more effectively. It could be who lands first.
who lands first could be about right, i dont think enzos chin is anywhere near as bad as hayes though tom, enzo got stopped when he was still green (although haye did to) but hayes been on the floor a lot in his career, he was KO'd a few times in the amatuers to.

enzos only been down twice in his career selby knocked him cold and scott scored a flah knockdown but he was a monster puncher though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
il be rooting for Haye but the fact he's staying at cruiser when he's said time and time again it's taking its tole on his body worries me. he always says how drained he feels at that weight so im not so sure about the outcome

it'l be awesome to watch though, shame its on Sentanta, we need more fights like this on terrestrial tv to get back to the old benn/eubank/collins days :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hmmmmmm this is a hard call enzos chin of the 2 guys here,Haye should have the [email protected] cruiser i worrie a bit for Haye on the weight,lol now who to pick anyone got a coin lol.Just about go enzo & i sure could be wrong here,it should be good while it lasts.I could change my mind on enzo winning,but for now thats my pick.On this i will vote later if i can make my mind up for sure.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Haye is the man when it comes to facing the best challenges, thats why i hope he knocks Macca into next week. And i honestly think he will, Haye is a MASSIVE step up for Macca whereas Macca, although a very different style, isnt much of a step up from Mormeck. Haye KO4.

And Lance, im sure Showtime will pick this up, they wanted O'Neill vs. Haye and this one is better, GUARENTEED KO!:thumbsup:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha as long as theirs a ko in this one, which it sounds like their will be, im all for it. Im sure showtime may pick it up, sounds like sho will be airing marquez/vasquez on march 1.

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
i hope macca wins! ill support macca to the end as i will wth all the other team calzaghe fighters! i honestly see this fight as 50/50!

chin = enzo
speed = haye
power = haye
KO punch = enzo
stamina = enzo
experience - haye

its a genuine toss up, the biggest british domestic fight weve had in years and lets hope itl be a good one and that enzo gets the W that he needs to be world class! pity its on setanta, although i am a student now and id have to find a pub to watch it anyway! otheriwse id love it to be on terrestrial!

·
Registered
652 Posts
This must be another day-out to the Millenium Stadium for me.:)

David Haye is going to chin Enzo. The speed and power is with Haye. This should be exciting for however long it lasts.

Great, Great match-up.

According to Steve Bunce on setanta the other day, he said that Haye is walking around at 209lbs and has been keeping inshape incase the Enzo fight did come-off. So looks like he won't need to shed as much weight as for the Mormeck fight where he was walking around at 229lbs before training camp.

I personally think Enzo is ready made for Haye as he stands-up straight and won't have his hands pinned to his face like Mormeck and Fragomeni did. Haye has the the edge in speed and power and when he lands one of those bodyshots Enzo will be writhing in pain.

Haye within 3 rounds.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
This must be another day-out to the Millenium Stadium for me.:)

David Haye is going to chin Enzo. The speed and power is with Haye. This should be exciting for however long it lasts.

Great, Great match-up.

According to Steve Bunce on setanta the other day, he said that Haye is walking around at 209lbs and has been keeping inshape incase the Enzo fight did come-off. So looks like he won't need to shed as much weight as for the Mormeck fight where he was walking around at 229lbs before training camp.

I personally think Enzo is ready made for Haye as he stands-up straight and won't have his hands pinned to his face like Mormeck and Fragomeni did. Haye has the the edge in speed and power and when he lands one of those bodyshots Enzo will be writhing in pain.

Haye within 3 rounds.
100% agreed, it has the makings of a good fight but Haye should knock him out cold. I was talking to someone on another forum whos Welsh and been to alot of Macca's fights, he saw Macca get KTFO by Swaby and has said himself he thinks Haye actually has a better chin than Macca. From what i hear it wasnt even that big of a punch, but Macca's legs completely went.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm putting my money on Haye he's beat the best to get were he is at, im sure enzo would of aswell if it was not for Frank Warren and his **** opponents but I think Haye has got the edge on this 1.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts