Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
That’s not a bad start for all the **** people have been talking about him. Most people were criticizing him for picking a fight with Wlad and saying he should start at the bottom. I think this is gonna be a nice place to start though.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
it's gonna be a decent fight to judge whether he is good enough to fight wlad or samuel peters.

tua would be an exciting fight next.

then i think one more fight maximum before he gets a shot at wlad or peters.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I think its a good first opponent for Haye, hes a former champ and if he gets rid of him in dominating fashion he might get a title shot in his next fight. I think Haye might have to get rid of Maskaev quickly since Maskaev has shown he can fight for 12 rounds and im not sure Haye can if Maskaev will clinch alot and stuff, so i think Haye will win but if the fights goes longer then 9 rounds i would no be suprised to see him have some problems.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I agree Haye smashes him. Im going to say in the very first round as well. Oleg's speed and reflexes have completely gone, Peter is slow as hell so he could see the punches coming and not getting blasted out. He won't see them coming from Haye; speed, power & explosiveness. I need to see Haye once more before i decide whether he'd beat Peter, but i think he'd have a good chance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree Haye smashes him. Im going to say in the very first round as well. Oleg's speed and reflexes have completely gone, Peter is slow as hell so he could see the punches coming and not getting blasted out. He won't see them coming from Haye; speed, power & explosiveness. I need to see Haye once more before i decide whether he'd beat Peter, but i think he'd have a good chance.
Sam Peter is one slow ass fighter. Haye would smash him also. Sam Peter only got good power, nothing else. So fukking predictable.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
tbh this is my list who haye should fight.

maskaev

toney rahman winner

tua or briggs

peters/vitali winner

valuev

wladamir

tyson/holyfield/lennox lewis or all 3 of them

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I honestly think that if Maskaev clinches and holds Haye alot and gets trough maby the first 8 or 9 rounds he can cause Haye some problems, i think Maskaev can get Haye tired if he holds and fights dirty and uses his size to get haye tired he might cause Haye some serious trouble in the later rounds, but i also think Haye will get him out of there quick.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Haye will be 220-230lbs when he fights at HW. I don't think Maskaev has the footspeed to close the gap and tie Haye up without walking onto massive punches. If he tries to bullrush Haye he may get lucky with a punch, but its more likely that Haye catches him clean and stops him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.