Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have to admire the Hayemaker, i just caught a bit of Setanta Sports News there and Haye is saying screw Wlad i dont want him now give me Vitali. He's saying that he wants to be known as the very best and with all the fight fans saying Vitali is the harder fight of the two that is the one he is now after. He thinks a deal can be reached before Xmas.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Ballsy, but idiotic. He has a way better shot against Wlad and it's the fight with more money, titles, and recognition (for a resume). If he can get the We Be Crooks title from Vitali it would set up a huge fight, but that's a huge if. I thought Wlad was going to be first because he cleared himself of mandatories for now and Vitali has Juan Carlos Gomez.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
even though i think vitali hits harder and takes a ahrder hit, he is not defensely as good as wlad. wlad hits quite hard and also he has better footwork and defense. vitali is atleast open and haye is fast enough to tag him. both could ko haye easily if they tag him imo. so why not go for the fighter that has a crap defense... yes vitali's hands are very low and he is quite predictable. jab jab right hand, jab right hand move away with bad footwork then jab right hand mvoe away bad footwork.

wlad is predictable but a lot harder to tag. the way i see it, vitali is older, had a long lay off, is open to getting hit and is not as accurate. yes he hit peter a lot but peter uses the block a punch with his head technique. haye is slicker, faster and more powerful than peter. peter is strong but not powerful.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Altho i would give Haye a good chance against both the Klits, i would bet on them both to knock HAye out, but Haye def has a shot at beating them.

·
Keeping it real
3,621 Posts
If this fight comes off and vitali can't ko haye i'd definately give him a chance,vitali might well have looked good against sam peter but haye is no sam peter,if vitali leaves his hands by his sides against haye like he did against sam peter haye will definately make him pay.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
If this fight comes off and vitali can't ko haye i'd definately give him a chance,vitali might well have looked good against sam peter but haye is no sam peter,if vitali leaves his hands by his sides against haye like he did against sam peter haye will definately make him pay.
yeah i mean vitali did look good vs peter but peter has always been rubbish. he was nearly beaten by that other guy who dropped him. he does not have 1 punch ko power. he has slow hands and has slow feet. he is short and slightly fat. peter was only a champ because he the divisio is and was poor. vitali is back which is good, wlad is okay and haye is exciting. ofcourse a fit vitali was gonna beat his ass but we never knew how fit he was. he wa fit however

haye won't take a punch from wlad or vitali though. but he has the skills to make them miss since they are slower than him.

G

·
Vitali Klitchko would beat Haye down. He better be careful what he asks for. If he thinks beating a clown like Monte Barrett means anything, he's got another thing coming. He'd have a better chance against Vlad and that glass chin.

I hope the fight happens so Vitali can shut that loudmouth up.

·
Keeping it real
3,621 Posts
Vitali Klitchko would beat Haye down. He better be careful what he asks for. If he thinks beating a clown like Monte Barrett means anything, he's got another thing coming. He'd have a better chance against Vlad and that glass chin.

I hope the fight happens so Vitali can shut that loudmouth up.
Look man it seems to me the guy can't win,guys are always getting accused of ducking then when someone comes along calling out the best in the division he gets slated for it,good on him i say.

G

·
Look man it seems to me the guy can't win,guys are always getting accused of ducking then when someone comes along calling out the best in the division he gets slated for it,good on him i say.
There is something to be said for that, but I read the interview and he clearly states that his win against Monte Barrett proves that he will beat either Klitchko. It came off a bit rediculous IMO. I'm just in the camp that Haye doesn't have much of a shot.

·
Keeping it real
3,621 Posts
There is something to be said for that, but I read the interview and he clearly states that his win against Monte Barrett proves that he will beat either Klitchko. It came off a bit rediculous IMO. I'm just in the camp that Haye doesn't have much of a shot.
Yeah that is a stupid comparison to make,and don't get me wrong i favor vitali too but if he keeps his hands down he will definately get tagged haye will be faster than anyone he's faced.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'm English, and I want David Haye to get knocked out.

I dunno, just something about him makes me hate him. He's not that cocky or anything, he just acts like he's this brilliant fighter when he's beaten nobody. I hope Klits rocks him, I really do.

I don't doubt Haye's talent, he's got some damn good punches. I just think he leaves himself open too much and those legs! He falls over in every fight i've seen.

Let's hope its a 17 second KO, to mimmick Amir Khans destruction. That would make my day.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Ballsy, but idiotic. He has a way better shot against Wlad
I have to agree with this 100%.

I wish Haye the best and hope he can beat these guys but.......

The brothers grim are clever operators and they will be plotting the best way for the pair of them to get by.

That means they will be trying to push differing challengers towards the brother they see as more suited to winning any given fight and destroying the competition.

It is like playing poker against guys that are colluding with one another to take your chips.

You have to admire the sons of Bs for it even if you don't like them.

If it were me I would ignore Vitali and go for Wlad.

Vitali was the brother they decided would be most likely suited to beating Haye and that is why he was the one that just happened to be at the Barrett fight.

There is no double bluff either.

They feel that Vitali is more difficult for Haye like most of us do, so Haye should go for Wlad.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Haye is the kind of guy the Heavyweight division needs. He's exciting to watch and doesn't duck anybody and really wants to get the ball rolling. He may be a mouthy guy, but no doubt he's got talent to back it up and I really hope he succeeds.

·
Keeping it real
3,621 Posts
Haye is the kind of guy the Heavyweight division needs. He's exciting to watch and doesn't duck anybody and really wants to get the ball rolling. He may be a mouthy guy, but no doubt he's got talent to back it up and I really hope he succeeds.
I'm with you on this.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I like that someone is trying to spice up that horseshit of a division. Beat some ass Haye!
Hell yeah. I can't believe some people think he should avoid Vitali. I'm not saying he's not gonna get his ass beat but fighters are supposed to fight anybody and there might be more money against Vitali.

I second that. He might get knocked out but one thing's for sure he got more skills than the Klits.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'm English, and I want David Haye to get knocked out.

I dunno, just something about him makes me hate him. He's not that cocky or anything, he just acts like he's this brilliant fighter when he's beaten nobody. I hope Klits rocks him, I really do.

I don't doubt Haye's talent, he's got some damn good punches. I just think he leaves himself open too much and those legs! He falls over in every fight i've seen.

Let's hope its a 17 second KO, to mimmick Amir Khans destruction. That would make my day.

Your post made me laugh in a good way mate. :)

I can't say I agree with you in terms of wanting him to lose as I would like to see him win for the sake of excitement in the division.

BUT....

I do know what you mean. You probably are irritated like me by the size of his ego. You're thinking cocky bar steward I hope he reaches and gets his lights put out Haha

Am I right?

I certainly think quite a few of us feel that way, even ones wanting him to suceed haha

A bit of a paradox, but I am like yea excitement and go get them boring Klitchkos. Two minutes after him getting KTFO (whenever it happens) I'm sure I'll have a secret smile.

Either way win or lose we ARE going to enjoy what happens with David Haye.

Is it just me or is anyone else impressed with the dignity that the Klitchkos bring to boxing?

That MUST be wrong for the heavyweight division Haha

I want to see guy jumping on cars and gettind drop kicked or rolling around in puddles at press conferences with torn jackets HeHe

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
i saw him on bbc london news when he was 17 going for a championship in the amateurs. he failed i think if i remember on the local bbc london news a week after lol but yeah i still remember that. obviously i am a fan because he is from london. he seems quite up front about the heavyweight scene. he wants to fight all of them.

i don't really know what is bad about that. he says the heavyweight scene is **** apart form the klitcko's. largely that is true.

he wants to fight the best and called wlad and vtali out infront of their faces. nothing wrong with that

he looked good vs barrett in his 2nd heavyweight fight. nothing wrong with that

he has belief that he can beat anyone in the world. you need that to succeed in this sport. if you don't feel 100% then you may end up like oliver mccall in the second lewis fight.

ps. i think i am the only one in the world who thinks vitali is the easier fight for haye lol. mormeck pushed him about with high hands. wlad can do that. agaisnt someone with low hands (and vitali has them to his waist) less skill and throws a lot i feel haye can counter. wlad is too defensive for him imo but vitali is someone that will get hit and won't hide either

·
Registered
830 Posts
i think i am the only one in the world who thinks vitali is the easier fight for haye lol. mormeck pushed him about with high hands. wlad can do that. agaisnt someone with low hands (and vitali has them to his waist) less skill and throws a lot i feel haye can counter. wlad is too defensive for him imo but vitali is someone that will get hit and won't hide either
You are definitely right about Vitali keeping his hands low and exchanging. The thing is he has never been KO and have you seen his KO record?

Haye will not have any trouble whatsoever in looking this guy up, the question is will he regret he ever did?

I find it hard to see him beating Vitali, but I do want him to.

In terms of Wlad you just know he would be petrified of throwing that right hand and he isn't quick. With his chin I would be more confident of a Haye KO.

The thing with Wlad is simple, could Haye get past that jab and into Wlad, cause no way does Wlad throw any other punch all night long unless he sees Haye hurt and gased which only stems from the jab....Haye has LOTS of rounds to try and connect.

I agree with what you said about Haye as well, he just has a face that looks very arrogant is all so I understand it when some people want him to falk on his ass.

I want to see him win, but I have certainly wanted many fighters with that look about them to get done Haha

1 - 20 of 45 Posts