Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dawson targets Tarver!
By David Robinett / Photo: Armando Roldan
There were two words on the mind of everyone in attendance at the post-fight press conference following Chad Dawson's successful defense of his WBC light heavyweight belt - Antonio Tarver. "Tarver is still the best in the division, and I want to fight the best," said Dawson, in response to one of several questions inquiring who would be his next opponent. Gary Shaw, who shares promotional rights to Chad Dawson with Don King, confirmed that their target was indeed Tarver. "I'm pretty confident that if Tarver wins in December that we'll be able to put together that fight," explained Shaw. "But if we can't get Tarver, we might try and match him up with another top light heavyweight, maybe Clinton Woods [who also successfully defended his title this weekend]." It remains to be seen whether Dawson's original opponent for Saturday night, WBC #1 light heavyweight contender Adrian Diaconu, is still in the plans for Team Dawson, and when Diaconu might be medically able to resume fighting following his withdrawal from this fight due to injury. In the meantime, all eyes will be on Tarver now, who is scheduled to face tough Australian Danny Green on December 1.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i think danny green will beat tarver, id say its probably gonna be clinton woods v chad dawson.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I want Tarver vs Dawson dammit! I have wanted that fight for a long time now, and I wont let you ruin it Tommy.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I want Tarver vs Dawson dammit! I have wanted that fight for a long time now, and I wont let you ruin it Tommy.
we'd be better seeing roy jones fight dawson than tarver, tarver is even more far gone than roy these days.

i guess ive just never been a huge tarver fan though.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Tarver will destroy Dawson. It willl look just like the Jones v. Tarver fight with DAwson getting KO'd!!!

OK, I lied. TArver will get his ass handed to him!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tarver tried very hard to get out of this fight the first time bu ti guess he finally manned up and if he beats green, it'll be dawson. But if green wins, jones vs dawson sounds like it could happen on showtime or showtime ppv. you know jones wants that title shot and you know dawson will give him that shot. ( i think the reason dawson wants tarver so bad is because he idolizes roy jones, and he wants to put an end to the guy who put an end to roy jones , or at least tried........ )

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Same here, but I just can't stand Tarver and I want Dawson to destroy him.
and for that reason i hope your correct shaneo. :thumbsup:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
roy jones about ko'ed tarver in the thrid fight, tarver is fighting ( in a sense ) a prime roy jones in chad dawson.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Tarver just hasnt been the same since the Balboa fight:laugh:
THat Rocky must be one tough SOB:laugh: You just can't F*** with the eye of the tiger!

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
TysonJones said:
roy jones about ko'ed tarver in the thrid fight, tarver is fighting ( in a sense ) a prime roy jones in chad dawson.
I've been saying that sense the first time i saw Dawson fight.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Tarver just hasnt been the same since the Balboa fight:laugh:
Funny but you're right. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
He will be P4P king one day.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts