Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Steve Kim
It's becoming more and more likely that Chad Dawson's next bout will be on HBO on either February 28th or March 14th. Opponents being discussed are Antonio Tarver and Mikkel Kessler.Maxboxing

My question is why the **** is Tarver being discussed? He was shutdown, the only rounds dude won were because Dawson let em have it while he was resting.

I say Dawson takes the UD against Kessler.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't see Kessler taking the fight anyway. It's a big jump from whoever he got the vacnt title against and Haussler to Dawson.

Calzaghe a.k.a Slappy C beat Kessler 8-4 rounds. If Dawson matches that or better, how much pressure will that put on Slappy C to fight him.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Dawson won't beat Kessler as decisively as calzaghe and dawson won't be knocking kkessler out... but i'd expect a very close decision going to Dawson, height weight and reach advantage... but it would be an entertaining bout.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Dawson clowns Kessler like he did Ademek. And unlike Calzaghe, Dawson will actually bring the pain to Kessler.

Dawson is making a move to HBO eh....Showtime gave up their bread and butter.

G

·
If Dawson decides to fight Tarver again, my g/f will be thrilled because I certainly won't be watching boxing that night.:facepalm:

Dawson knocks out Kessler as long as Dawson protects himself. He ate some punches against Tarver. If Kessler can find Dawson and make Chad think twice about throwing those haymakers, he's got a shot. I think Dawson KO's Kessler late. He's just too big and strong.

G

·
I don't see Kessler taking the fight anyway. It's a big jump from whoever he got the vacnt title against and Haussler to Dawson.

Calzaghe a.k.a Slappy C beat Kessler 8-4 rounds. If Dawson matches that or better, how much pressure will that put on Slappy C to fight him.
Alot of people had it 9-3, Dawson won't be able to better his performance IMO. I don't know who I'd pick at the minute but I wouldn't be surprised to see Kessler put Dawson to sleep.

And what the fukk is up with Dawson-Tarver having a rematch clause? That's almost as bad as Haye-Barrett having one.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I had Calzaghe beating Kessler 9-3. I think Dawson can do something similar but don't forget he's chinny and Kessler can crack.
I don't see Kessler fighting him anytime soon though. I expect him to fight (and lose against) Taylor in the near future.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dawson clowns Kessler like he did Ademek. And unlike Calzaghe, Dawson will actually bring the pain to Kessler.

Real solid comparison. They're almost exactly the same style wise, except Adamek is bigger, throws more punches, and has more heart (IMO). The only thing Kessler is better in is probably defense and accuracy. And Except for 1 round, Dawson won every other.
Alot of people had it 9-3, Dawson won't be able to better his performance IMO. I don't know who I'd pick at the minute but I wouldn't be surprised to see Kessler put Dawson to sleep.

And what the fukk is up with Dawson-Tarver having a rematch clause? That's almost as bad as Haye-Barrett having one.
I was talking more about the official judges scores I could remember, but 9-3 is no stretch. Dawson has more experience from these last bouts and having shutdown Adamek, pretty much says to me he can do the same without getting hurt.
Dawson sends Kessler back to the SMW division with a big L on his record. But that's if the fight ever gets off.
Yeah, I can't see Kessler moving up to take this, he might overprice himself. He said he wants the big fights, but they all say that until time comes.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Dawson won't beat Kessler as decisively as calzaghe and dawson won't be knocking kkessler out... but i'd expect a very close decision going to Dawson, height weight and reach advantage... but it would be an entertaining bout.
I think it would be a very entertaining matchup, and I'd love to see it as well:thumbsup:

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts

Showtime's bread and butter have Rafael Marquez and Israel Vazquez. Not Dawson

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dawson v Kessler

I Think Chad wins this, But it would be 12 tough rounds with both fighters hurt at some stage.Kessler was hurt with a body shot against Calslappy in rnd 7 or 8 and had the ref not jumped in couldve been in big trouble. Dawson is still vunerable at times but has great promise.so i think this fight would definately be worth a watch..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts