Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Undefeated IBF/IBO light heavyweight champion CHAD DAWSON wants to be the first to congratulate Joe Calzaghe on his dominate victory over Roy Jones, Jr. at Madison Square Garden tonight.

"Joe has lot to be proud of and I for one am very impressed," stated Dawson. "If Joe wants to have his grand farewell in Wales, I am ready to accommodate. My passport and world title belts are ready to travel across the pond. I'm ready to give Joe the opportunity to draw the curtain on his great career in front of his family and friends and 70,000 fans. It's the best fight in the light heavyweight division between two undefeated champions."

Added Gary Shaw, Dawson's promoter, "Even HBO's Max Kellerman was pounding the table like Nikita Khrushchev demanding this great matchup!"

·
Registered
540 Posts
Undefeated IBF/IBO light heavyweight champion CHAD DAWSON wants to be the first to congratulate Joe Calzaghe on his dominate victory over Roy Jones, Jr. at Madison Square Garden tonight.

"Joe has lot to be proud of and I for one am very impressed," stated Dawson. "If Joe wants to have his grand farewell in Wales, I am ready to accommodate. My passport and world title belts are ready to travel across the pond. I'm ready to give Joe the opportunity to draw the curtain on his great career in front of his family and friends and 70,000 fans. It's the best fight in the light heavyweight division between two undefeated champions."

Added Gary Shaw, Dawson's promoter, "Even HBO's Max Kellerman was pounding the table like Nikita Khrushchev demanding this great matchup!"
Think i would like to see this,Dawson sounds a decent fellow & with respect.Dawson a decent boxer & would get a great pay day fighting Joe.I wonder if we will see Calzaghe fight again.Over 11 years now Calzaghe has been world champ.Question guys name other boxers who have been world champ as long as Joe.

G

·
Dawson should fight Hopkins with the winner fighting Calzaghe IMO. He needs a big win to hype this fight, I have my doubts he would get by Hopkins aka Southpaw Assasin. (Obviously excluding the great Joe Calzaghe)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Dawson should fight Hopkins with the winner fighting Calzaghe IMO. He needs a big win to hype this fight, I have my doubts he would get by Hopkins aka Southpaw Assasin. (Obviously excluding the great Joe Calzaghe)
Dawson should fight Hopkins first good shout,then winner face Joe if he fights again.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dawson would give Calzaghe a ton of trouble. Chad has real good speed, stamina, power, southpaw stance, and experience, very dangerous for Slappy.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
I'd like to see the fight. Calzaghe doesn't have to face Dawson, but it'd be a good fight.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
He doesn't have to, but it would do wonders for his legacy if he could beat Chad.
Indeed it would. Silence a lot of people. But he won't do it. I don't know who he'll fight, I hope he gives Hopkins a rematch.

Edit: 666 posts lol

G

·
Like a rejuvenated RJ? Yes...not by the Roy we saw tonight obviously. Calzaghe is too scared of the young phenom...he'll retire happy.
He'll be back, trust me. Dawson is a damn good fighter but a level below Calzaghe. What I don't get is you think Dawson is a great fighter but you can't admit Calzaghe is when Calzaghe's resume shitts on Dawson's (I know Dawson is younger but that's not the point).

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
He'll be back, trust me. Dawson is a damn good fighter but a level below Calzaghe. What I don't get is you think Dawson is a great fighter but you can't admit Calzaghe is when Calzaghe's resume shitts on Dawson's (I know Dawson is younger but that's not the point).
I hope Cal comes back...because I want him to prove me wrong. Seriously. If he beats Dawson then I have no chance but to give him props.

If you look at their resume's then you have to look at them in respect to time. Dawson beat Tarver (shot), Glen Johnson, and Adamek (probably overrated). That's pretty good for a young career and he is still rising. Dawson has mad potential while Calzaghe wasted his. We'll have to see though.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't agree with this. Dawson's resume trumps Calzaghe's when they were the same age. Harding, Adamek, Johnson, and Tarver (and if you want to add Mendoza they guy who beat up Lacy) trumps Eubank.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope Cal comes back...because I want him to prove me wrong. Seriously. If he beats Dawson then I have no chance but to give him props.

If you look at their resume's then you have to look at them in respect to time. Dawson beat Tarver (shot), Glen Johnson, and Adamek (probably overrated). That's pretty good for a young career and he is still rising. Dawson has mad potential while Calzaghe wasted his. We'll have to see though.
I don't think Adamek was or is overrated, I never really saw guys hyping him up like that. I actually think he was under rated because a lot of people thought Bell was going to beat him and Tomas shut him down and out. Adamek is now still upping his stock and upping Chad's at the same time because he's a prime fighter making a lot of noise 25 pounds north.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
I can't agree with this. Dawson's resume trumps Calzaghe's when they were the same age. Harding, Adamek, Johnson, and Tarver (and if you want to add Mendoza they guy who beat up Lacy) trumps Eubank.
I agree. Tarver, Adamek, Harding, Johnson, Mendoza by the age of 26.

Eubank, Juan Carlos Gimenez Ferreyra, Branko Sobot, Luciano Torres, Tyler Hughes & Carlos Christie all over the same time period between about 24-26.
I'd say that by this age, Dawson's resume shits on Calzaghes.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Like Roy was going to? :laugh:
And Hopkins:laugh:

You won't man, people like you will make excuse after excuse and never give credit where its due. And as for resume's by the time they were 26, it don't mean ****. Look at Hopkins resume before he was 35:laugh:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
slappy will not fight, I repeat, will not fight Dawson or Hopkins.

He's beaten the two legends and he's good with that, he will be retiring, no doubt about it. He's not gonna risk his undefeated record, and he's going to retire on top.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts