Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched this fight again for the first time since it took place and I was wondering how you guys scored it and what your thoughts on it were. On a sidenote, how do you think an all-German (by relocation, of course) fight would play out between Arthur Abraham and Felix Sturm. Isn't that a unification fight that makes sense if there ever was one? If I were Sturm, I certainly wouldn't come to the States again in order to fight Pavlik after getting robbed here once before. By the way, I saw that fight as 7 rounds to 5 in favor of Sturm 115-113.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Robbery. I had it 115-113 in favour of Sturm and the only reason Oscar won was because;

A) he was the bigger name
B) it set up the richest Middleweight fight in history.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
C'mon guys be honest, Oscar had that fight won as long as he was standing up at the final bell. He'd won before he left the dressing room. Fighters like Jones jr & Mayweather made the excuses that they wouldnt fight abroad for fear of being robbed,and got away with it, but its OK for fighters to come here and lose very dubious decisions. Unfortunately its a world wide problem

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
C'mon guys be honest, Oscar had that fight won as long as he was standing up at the final bell. He'd won before he left the dressing room. Fighters like Jones jr & Mayweather made the excuses that they wouldnt fight abroad for fear of being robbed,and got away with it, but its OK for fighters to come here and lose very dubious decisions. Unfortunately its a world wide problem
No...it isn't ok. Pretty sure none of us said we thought Oscar deserved to win. Sturm would have went the distance with Hopkins had he won.

·
Blood Clot Jungle Techno
403 Posts
I also had the fight in favour of Sturm. It should really of been another Oscar Del a Hoya loss.
Did anyone have Oscar up against Hopkins a couple of rounds before he got stopped?:dunno:

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I notice no one commented when I said that the bad decisions are being dealt out world wide. Folk here say its OK for guys like jonesjr and mayweather to never travel abroad to fight, for fear of being robbed, but brush off guys like sturm coming here and getting jobbed. I'll go as far as to say that the Vegas boxing scene is just as corrupt as the German scene.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I notice no one commented when I said that the bad decisions are being dealt out world wide. Folk here say its OK for guys like jonesjr and mayweather to never travel abroad to fight, for fear of being robbed, but brush off guys like sturm coming here and getting jobbed. I'll go as far as to say that the Vegas boxing scene is just as corrupt as the German scene.
I wouldn't go that far :laugh::laugh:.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
I also had the fight in favour of Sturm. It should really of been another Oscar Del a Hoya loss.
Did anyone have Oscar up against Hopkins a couple of rounds before he got stopped?:dunno:
I had Hopkins up by one or two rounds. But regardless Hopkins was always going to put De La Hoya away, and I predicted a Hopkins KO before the fight.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts