Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the chances of an upset? knowing forbes is coming in with NOTHING to lose and everything to gain. think about it

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
He'd have to KO Oscar.

Even then the Referee will be counting slower than usual and may just pull a McClelan-Benn move and use his body as a human shield to prevent Forbes from getting to a hurt De La Hoya. Either that or knock him down as many times needed to win counting all other rounds as a loss.

The judges will not score this fight for Forbes and the referee will not let Forbes hurt Oscar.

His chances are slim and none, slim is on a diet currently being treated for anorexia.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey im with you...like i know Oscar is real motivated as well i just figured that Forbes would maybe turn it up a notch...especially seeiing as how hes trained with roger a little bit and now hes training with jeff.

for the Floyd/Cotto fans...if Forbes wins then the DLH/PBF fight doesn't happen and makes the Cotto fight come even quicker...imo, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
DLH will crush Forbes. Think Mayweather vs Gatti only with more knockdowns and a knockout.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think ive ever seen Steve Forbes fight ONCE..i was just going with the age old saying that anything can happen.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
You guys are goign to be surprised. He's going to have trouble with forbes, most likely go to the cards. Forbes has looked great, his last few performance against good comp.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
You guys are goign to be surprised. He's going to have trouble with forbes, most likely go to the cards. Forbes has looked great, his last few performance against good comp.
Ive always said Forbes is no gimme for anyone, he can box, he moves well and has a very good chin.

Oscar being the bigger man though he should out muscle Forbes to a UD.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Forbes showed me he could bang with a could puncher when he fought bojado. Oscar isnt nearly as explosive as bojado, but he is much better overall.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
we'll jus have to see what happens...i'd prefer the DLH/Mayweather rematch just did not happen haha

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Oscar - 9th round stoppage.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Forbes has absolutely no chance.
You never know..he could get a lucky shot. Personally i never seen Forbes fight or even heard of him so that means he's a nobody so of course i'm gonna say De La Hoya will win maybe not by knockout though cause his performance in Mayweather/De La Hoya wasn't so great.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
You never know..he could get a lucky shot. Personally i never seen Forbes fight or even heard of him so that means he's a nobody so of course i'm gonna say De La Hoya will win maybe not by knockout though cause his performance in Mayweather/De La Hoya wasn't so great.
No, he has no chance man. That is why he was selected.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts