Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days after ruling out ever fighting Hatton, it appears De La Hoya has changed his mind... reports in 2 newspapers over here suggest that DLH will be looking to make a £30million super-fight between him and Hatton at the new Wembley arena here in England! This would happen at Welterweight, and obviously Ricky would have to beat JLC before it happened. Im not sure how many people the new Wembley holds, but it will probably exceed 50,000 easily.

I hope this happens, it would probably be the biggest fight ever to happen in Britian. I hope this happens, and i really dont care who wins cause both guys are 2 of my favourites:thumbsup:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
yes its possible, but as of right now, there is a 14 pound weight disadvantage for hatton. I hear delahoya fighting more guys like cotto or margarito. He wants someone that will trade with him

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I can't see that fight happening due to weight. I don't see DLH below 154 and Hatton above 147. Hell, I don't see Hatton above 140 right now.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
money talks guys, i think oscar could defo boil himself down to 147 and 30m would tempt hatton back up to 147 no problem.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep. Not just in the US either, this would be massive both sides of the pond! Screen this at 4 in the morning over here and i bet it would do 500k buys with ease! Hatton has proved hes at the level, hopefully he will step up to 147 and look just as good!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
lol you think oscar can make 147? i dont. he looks to have a pretty hard time making 154 anymore, if he fought at 147, he would be so weak it wouldnt be fair, but if they fought at 154, oscar would most like ko hatton.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeh, Hatton couldnt be effective at 154 at all. Oscar did say he could make 147, but at this stage in his career he really doesnt want too and would prefer it at 154. This fight has got to happen at 147, or it wont happen.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
there maybe a catchweight if this fight got made, summin like 150.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking that tommy.. what did Hatton weigh come fight night last night?

And also, to the Americans.. What was the reaction of Kellerman and Lederman to the fight? I heard they were quite critical..

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
LeedsLad said:
I was thinking that tommy.. what did Hatton weigh come fight night last night?

And also, to the Americans.. What was the reaction of Kellerman and Lederman to the fight? I heard they were quite critical..
kellerman was calling ricky "hook hook clinch" this nobody also had taylor and floyd winning there last fights by a mile though.

mad max was well named!!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never liked HBO commentary. Since the Lewis-Tyson fight, it was obvious they were so bias. Tyson was getting his ass whooped, and all they were saying is "Tyson is obviously past his prime" and "Tyson has an awesome chin" and they were barely saying anything positive about Lewis. I like Johnny Nelson, Jim Watt and Glenn McCrory will do for us Brits ehh:p

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
LeedsLad said:
I never liked HBO commentary. Since the Lewis-Tyson fight, it was obvious they were so bias. Tyson was getting his ass whooped, and all they were saying is "Tyson is obviously past his prime" and "Tyson has an awesome chin" and they were barely saying anything positive about Lewis. I like Johnny Nelson, Jim Watt and Glenn McCrory will do for us Brits ehh:p
those guys at HBO are all for there homeboys, its been so obvious down the years.

IMO jim watt is the best in the busines, his cards are always bang on and he never shows any bias if our boys are getting whupped!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Merchant is the worst one. I heard that they called Hatton on his punch and hold tactics that I hate so much.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Merchant is the worst one. I heard that they called Hatton on his punch and hold tactics that I hate so much.
when you watch the fight shane you'll see it was castillo who wanted to hold every time the fight was up close, hatton was having joy on the outside and inside. why would he want to hold on?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeh, i think Lewis is a krap commentator. Lederman is an asshole really, he really seems to hate Taylor and Floyd when he was interviewing them after there fights:laugh: HBO is bias sometimes, but for some fights they do good commentary. I actually like RJJ as a commentator..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts