Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was listening to a local radio station here in Los Angeles, and they mentioned that De La Hoya is working towards a fight with Hatton in 2008, and if everything goes smooth there should be no problem for this fight not to happen. I would assume that the fight would probably take place at 147 since de la hoya has stressed that he wants to go down to welterweight. War Golden Boy!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been hearing that the fight would be in september and possibly manchester? I doubt that oscar would fight hatton in manchester, he has a bigger draw at his own turf in Vegas.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I dont doubt Oscar can make 147, he hasnt put on much muscle mass since moving to 154. But with his other ventures, i dont know if he has the will to put the effort in to get down to 147 anymore.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Wow what a fight that would be. I cannot think of another possible fight that could come close to this one for me being torn between 2 fighters. Who do I support? Oscar is my favourite fighter but Ricky is up there too and a fellow Great Britain.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
What do you guys think the PPV buys would be like? Lots of British fans and DLH following? WOW, big payday!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Id favour Hatton, but if De La Hoya won i wouldnt be too upset. I doubt whether DLH can beat Hatton, he'll have to put work in to strengthen up his midsection at his age i dont think hes willing to do it. Hatton doesnt hit as hard as Hop does to the body obviously, but i see him slowing Oscar down alot with body punches.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
The PPV buys would be huge. Where as Hatton fights have been PPV in the UK but regular HBO in the States and Oscar v Floyd was PPV in the States but free in the UK, this fight would be PPV all round.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It would be huge, but no where near the same as the mayweather fight. I think this would be a better fight for golden boy. Hatton doesnt move around much, he's more stationary, but he does alot of clinching, so that might be a factor. I think oscar is naturally the bigger man, but hatton is very physical. I think if oscar keeps his distance and uses his jab it should be a victory for golden boy.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
thepowerdavies said:
Wow what a fight that would be. I cannot think of another possible fight that could come close to this one for me being torn between 2 fighters. Who do I support? Oscar is my favourite fighter but Ricky is up there too and a fellow Great Britain.
Same ere :) but i think hatton would take this by the work rate. Not sure if hoya could take the workrate and onslaught at welterweight these days. Be a great fight though both 2 my fav boxers of al time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts