Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who would win

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oscar De La Hoya vs Terry Norris at LMW (154) taking place at The MGM Grand in Vegas.

Who will win and how???

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Oscar by UD, i think it would have been close but Oscar would have taking it 7-5.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I dont know Tommy. The fight is at 154 and its not a prime vs prime fight. Its pretty much the Oscar we have right now vs a prime Norris. I think Norris might get the split D.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant believe with all these so called boxing fans no one else has anything to say about this fight. WOW!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another fight that got back and forth action. Remember people this fight is at 154 so thats Oscar of now vs a prime Norris

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thats exactly correct and why i say norris by late TKO he would just wear DLH down like hopkins and eventually knock him out.

Badger

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats exactly correct and why i say norris by late TKO he would just wear DLH down like hopkins and eventually knock him out.

Badger
I feel the same way. Thats why I keep telling people that the fight is at 154.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
The DLH of now against a prime Norris? I think thats abit unfair, maybe the DLH that beat Vargas would fair better, but most elite fighters would beat the DLH of today.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The DLH of now against a prime Norris? I think thats abit unfair, maybe the DLH that beat Vargas would fair better, but most elite fighters would beat the DLH of today.
This is a Fantacy Fight. It dont have to be fair. Tyson 88' vs Sma Peter aint fair but its up here. I put up many different senerios so that we can talk about them and create a outcome.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Yeah i can understand current Sam Peter against Tyson 88, cause thats one of the current champs in his prime against one of the past champs in his prime. But Norris at his peak against a faded DLH just seems unfair when you could pick the DLH of 5 years ago.

Its your fantasy fight though man, id say Norris would definetly beat the current Oscar.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Norris seems to be taking over the fight.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The first round begins with Norris on all out attack throwing searing combonations to DLH's head and body, Oscar uses his jab and great foot movement to weather th assault but loses the first round handily. Terry comes out the same in round 2 and 3 but Oscar closes the gap by trading on equal terms when he stops and fights. Round 4 is boring and DLH starts cranking up his left to the body and Norris noticeably becomes less aggressive. DLH stuns Norris at the end of the round and Terrible wobbles about after the bell.

Both fighters seeing a change in momentum attack and produce a round of the year candidate in round 5 and nearly repeat it in the 6th, and the crowd is on their feet at the bell. They relatively take round 7 off with the exception of Oscar going to the body rather extensively. Terry Norris gets on his bike in rounds 8-9 and Jabs and circles while DLH deposits a ton of work downstairs, at the and of the round he gets Norris with 2 low blows right on his cup forcing Norris to a knee. He takes about 4 minutes rest but seems really bothered by them when he returns to his corner.

DLH begins the 10th on attack and Norris is clinching badly and covering his body, DLH unleashes a vicious double hook to the head that stggers Norris badly, he follows up with a 6 punch combo downstairs that seems to spell the end, Terry takes a knee for a count of 9 and gets up, Oscar is the Oscar of old and the fight is waved off as he lands most if not all of an up and down 18 punch flurry. The ref rescues Terrible Terry at 2:51 of round number 10.

That is IMO!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Norris would overpower him at 154.
If you take a look at TN's career, he never scaled in above 153 in his prime and if I am not mistaken 159 was his highest for 1 fight and he regularly weighed in below 150 in Jr. middleweight fights.

Yes, he was stronger than DLH, but really wouldn't overpower him.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is turning out to be a great match up.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Uhhhh, if Oscar didn't duck Winky @ 154 and actually beat Winky, I might go with him. He's still a natural 154 lber but he'd rather fight Mayweather, Forbes, and Pacman (ie little guys). I gotta go with the proven 154 pounder. Terry Norris by decision most likely, Oscar may hit the canvas but he gets up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts