Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see de la hoya being slow at 147 and taking a lot of punishment? he looked slow and week at 150 against Forbes. pacquaio walks around at 147 and will be very comfortable in this fight.

·
Registered
472 Posts
pac couldn't hurt oscar, he just dont have that king of power...oscar will also have a hard time knocking pac-man out, oscar by UD

·
Registered
589 Posts
I like Manny. But I hope he doesn't take this fight. Oscar is to big. He might hurt him

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I don't really care to see this one either. I'd rather see Oscar-Margarito, but there's more money against Pacquiao.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I never thought we would be seriously discussing this option. It would all depend upon how well Manny can take Oscar's money punch. My bet would be not that well at all...what an epiphany. lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
I realy hope pac wins but i dont think he will. If he was going to win he would need at least 1 fight at 147. I dont think he'll have a chance. ODH to win within 8 rounds.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
There's no honor or dignity in this match DLH is practically asking Paquiao to set himself up for a loss, how can this guy live with himself and that is ecxatly the reason why he's taking so long to deceide he's struggling with his morals as to wether or not do the right thing and fight a more even fight against Margarito......

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
There's no honor or dignity in this match DLH is practically asking Paquiao to set himself up for a loss, how can this guy live with himself and that is ecxatly the reason why he's taking so long to deceide he's struggling with his morals as to wether or not do the right thing and fight a more even fight against Margarito......
I agree 100% and I think he has a good chance at beating Margarito.

G

·
Manny Pacquiao, the reigning WBC lightweight champion, knows that potential bout with Oscar De La Hoya is a dangerous one. He says De La Hoya has the size advantage, a strength advantage and a reach advantage, but he still believes that he can beat him if a deal is reached for them to fight on December 6 in Las Vegas.

“The truth is, a lot of people are saying that Oscar, the ‘Golden Boy’ of boxing, really has all the advantages in a fight. He is bigger, taller, heftier and has a longer reach. I have been thinking about fighting him and I think there is quite a good chance of beating him,” Pacquiao wrote in his column on the PhilBoxing website.

Pacquiao is 29-years-old, and says that he needs to make the proper fights to seal his legacy in the sport and that's why he wants a fight with De La Hoya. I'm sure his $20 million dollar purse demand is not going to hurt him either.

“I’m not getting any younger and I want to get the one of the biggest fights out there to cement my legacy in boxing,” Pacquiao said.

As previously posted, Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum and Richard Schaefer, CEO for Golden Boy Promotions, are scheduled to meet on Wednesday in an effort to tie up the loose ends and finalize the deal for De La Hoya-Pacquiao. The fight is not sitting well with thousands of boxing fans and reporters, who see the fight as a physical mismatch, and would rather see De La Hoya to face Antonio Margarito.

De La Hoya and his company are trying to sell the Pacquiao bout by telling the media that Oscar has a personal beef with Pacquiao and his trainer Freddie Roach and needs to teach them a lesson by punishing the much smaller Pacquiao in the ring.

"Oscar really wants to do the fight. You know Oscar," Schaefer told boxing writer Dan Rafael "He honestly feels that Freddie and Pacquiao have been disrespectful. It's [expletive] for Freddie to say that Oscar can't pull the trigger anymore. Oscar will show them how he can pull the trigger. Pacquiao is being Freddie Roach's puppet and Oscar wants to teach a lesson to them. Manny is the best fighter in the world, pound for pound, but Manny will see how Oscar pulls the trigger in the ring and Freddie can sit in the corner and watch Oscar hit him. Oscar gave me clear instructions to make the fight with Pacquiao, not to kill the fight."

Source Boxingscene

I doubt Pac believes he can actually beat Oscar. He's just after the money. Will a fight like this actually do good numbers though? Even if I was Mexican-American I still wouldn't buy this shitt.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I agree 100% and I think he has a good chance at beating Margarito.
He might who knows it's gonna take a sharp boxer with stamina to match, to have a remote chance at beating the statue, but he's taking too long to deceide a comfident man would have been right there at ringside promoting the fight already, but now they're trying to get Paquiao to play alone with some cockamaney story, I doudt he'll make the match with margarito he must surely know his limitations by now, and certainly doesn't want to get beat up or his face all mess up on ntional HD TV..:laugh:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts