Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

De La Hoya Vs Sergio Mora? BOOOOOO

3K views 53 replies 20 participants last post by  HUGOBOX 
#1 ·
#8 ·
What a crock, that laimo barely got pass Forrest, and it defenetly won't happen again Forrest will make sure of that, DLh is pathetic the notion that this is the passing of the torch is ridiculous Mora is a nobody....and that's just what DLh was looking for some one to blow over, now we'll be sudjected to all sorts of praises for they guy and why he deserves this fight ! BALONEY ! :thumbsdown:

#9 · (Edited)
By the way guys I got a black t shirt of DLH vs Mayweather I was gonna trow out, it's brand new never wore, it saids the world awaits and it shows Money May and DLH back to back it's a large size, if any of you guys are interested PM me with your address imfo and I'll ship it to you, first one to PM get's it.....no charge...:) US only please

#15 · (Edited)
DLH has turned into the slimy weasel Don king was and still is, all he cares about is getting things the way he wants them, with no regard what so ever to the other fighter or the fans, with him is me,me,me,me I paid my dues I busted my ass with the likes of Chavez,Trinidad,Quartey, Vargas, Hopkins, Mayweather now I deserve a tomato can and a big fat 20 mill for my efforts..so screw Margarito let him climb his way up to my millions....So go find me a one arm midget...:laugh:

#16 ·
DLH has turned into the slimy weasel Don king was and still is, all he cares about if getting things the way he wants them, with no regard what so ever to the other fighter or the fans, with him is me,me,me,me I paid my dues I busted my ass with the likes of Chavez,Trinidad,Vargas, Hopkins, Mayweather now I deserve a tomato can and a big fat 20 mill for my effords..so screw Margarito let him climb his way up to my millions....So go find me a one arm midget...:laugh:
ditto..lol

#22 ·
I dont have anything against this fight. Obviously he doesnt want that much of a risk ( a guy like Margarito) or should I say, a guy with power. He's a smart man, he wants to make money, says hes in for a rumble but he doesnt wanna get hurt. Also, he's obviously planning to retire with a win.

Oscar has done what he had to, and if this is his last fight, let it be. Mora is about his size (even bigger), will have 2 wins over forest and rrecognized 154 champion, also, hes a marketable name.

#26 ·
Mora is going to make it a boring fight. From a watching fighting excitment stand point Pacquiao would be a much better fight, but I don't want to see Pac get ruined with the beat down he'll likely take.

I would rather see Pacquiao-Soto, Pacquiao-Hatton, etc. with a mentally and physically stable Pacquiao. And I would rather see Oscar pass the torch on a loss so he can leave the sport in good hands for boxing, Mora is not the one. The welter division is full of guys that can take that torch Margarito, Cotto, Williams, Berto, maybe even Kirkland.

#42 ·
To add to his legacy and go out as a champion win,lose or draw DLH has to meet Margarito. EVERYONE will buy this one
To go out a past great champion who wimped out in his last fight by taking on a no hoper, he can meet Mora.
Big difference being only a fool or a rabid DLH fan will by it. I know for sure I wont

#45 ·
There's no way in hell Oscar fights Mora in his very last fight. He's using him as a bargaining chip, that's all. I think he fights Mora then comes back in May to fight Hatton, Pacquiao, or Mayweather if he decides to un-retire. If things don't work out such as Forrest winning or the crap that's going on between Gary Shaw and Jeff Wald, I believe Oscar will hold off until the beginning of 2009.

#48 ·
He'll keep catching that hate, till the fight comes off, and people get to see if it really was a mismatch. People (especially Mexicans) will still say he ducked Margarito, at the end of the day it's messed up because he is passed his best which is where he would have to be to beat him, but Oscar brought this on himself by saying he would fight the winner of Margarito-Cotto instead of staying shut about his options and coming up with so many excuses while contradicting himself to come out clean, all of this backfired

#50 ·
Aint been on here for a bit but those who I have spoke to most on here know im a big Oscar fan

But I gotta admit the past few weeks Oscar has gone down alot in my estimations. I have always argued his case with friends or on forums etc but theres no defending this. He is ducking Margarito and the way he has condradicted himself in interviews has been shocking!

Nobody wants the fight with Pac and its been embarassing reading him and Schaefer trying to convince the boxing world its the fight that must happen. At the start of the year he said he wanted to fight 3 times and go back to 147 and be involved in the types of fights that people talk about for years!! Steve Forbes for 1 and now Pac or Mora??

Its shocking! from a man who has always prided himself on fighting just about anybody. If he fought Margie and came up short, he would still get far more respect than inflateing Pac Man up to 147.

#54 ·
he could if he wanted to ,but I guess he's starting to feel old and the battles have caught up to him, he want's an easy going away party, and he's trying like hell to manipulate one, he might just get his way but the only glory he's gonna get from it will be a fantasy inside his own head, he thinks were blind and stupid, which we will be if we pay to see this farce, but at least I can see clearly that he's a tired fighter who wants one last easy one in order to say goodbye, to all who find this justifiable, fine your entitle to your opinion all I'm saying is that in boxing none of the true greats ever took the easy way out....,,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.