Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
didnt really know where to post this but so maybe this should be moved.

anyway i was doing road work and when i got home i didnt stretch propaly so the next day my left leg was fairly stiff, now i know this is incredibly stupid but again i didnt stretch the leg. when i woke up today i went to get out of bed and nearly fell over because my left calf muscle had become so tight i couldnt actualy straighten the leg with out pain, and so im basicaly hobbling around with my left knee bent. so yeah im not really sure what to do about it, i thought about stretching but then i thought i might tear the muscle (i know its not likely but its a scary thought) so ive come here for advice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i managed to sort it out, just iced it 10 mins on 10 mins off, all last night. woke up today and it was a lot better, continued to ice it and worked in some stretches. its completely fine now, i was even able to go for a run. i learnt my lesson though, allways stretch thoroughly before and after a work out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are you saying it was like your calf was cramping up? If so, I learned potassium can help prevent cramps. Potassium is usually in bananas and sport drinks such as Gatorade and Powerade.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont think it was a cramp, it was more like it was 'tight' if u know what i mean? the felexibility of the muscle decreased so that i couldn't completely straighten my leg, and like whenever u try to stretch further than your own flexibility allows, it hurt to straighten my leg. but yeah as i said i managed to sort it out and everything is back to normal. i take ur point on the potassium though, it could only help, so from now on ill stretch thoroughly before training and drink gatorade while i train.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts