Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a damn shame that this guy is getting this much run.

Lorenzo Camp lashes out!
fightnews.com

The handlers of Jr. Lightweight contender Francisco Lorenzo, who was awarded a disqualification victory over Humberto Soto on the June 28 undercard of Manny Pacquiao vs. David Diaz, are lashing out at Jose Sulaimán, the longtime president of the WBC.

“Mr. Sulaimán thinks he’s above the rules that govern boxing,” stated Jose Rosario, who co-manages Lorenzo along with partner Valentín Contreras. “The Nevada State Athletic Commission, which oversaw the fight, awarded Francisco the victory. Sulaimán thinks that because we have remained silent up to this point, we will let him do Francisco an injustice. He was the winner, plain and simple, according the rules of the State of Nevada, which state that if you hit your opponent while he is down, it is a clear foul. Soto threw two punches after Francisco took a knee, a right uppercut that missed and the left hook that hit him behind the head. He had plenty of time to refrain from hitting Francisco, but chose not to.”

During an interview while still in the ring, referee Joe Cortez told Top Rank analyst Wally Matthews that he warns fighters in the dressing room about possible infractions and their repercussions. “When you hit your opponent while he’s down it may cost you a point, or you may be disqualified,” he said.

Cortez, who has refereed hundreds of world title fights, “made a call based on what he saw happen in the ring,” according to Rosario. “For Sulaimán to try and overrule what the Nevada Commission considered a victory for Lorenzo, speaks volumes about his gigantic ego as well as his ability to govern. He was there to observe the bout (he was not the acting supervisor), not be the judge of the fight. Allowing him to act above the law sets a very dangerous precedent and we will not let it happen. A victory meant the Interim World Title for Francisco, but now Sulaimán is even considering giving Soto the crown. Is this ridiculous or what? I guess Sulaimán has long forgotten the Graciano Rocchigiani fiasco that forced his organization to file for Chapter 11 so that he wouldn’t have to pay Rocchigiani. This is the same man who claims that the WBC is head and shoulders above the other sanctioning bodies and who recently deemed the IBF Minimumweight title fight between Florante Condes and Raul Garcia, “a fight of lesser prestige.” These comments were made because the Mexican network Televisa had the nerve to air an IBF title fight instead of the WBC title fight between Edgar Sosa and Takashi Kunishige.

“Let it be known that we have obtained the services of Pat English and will not rest until the WBC does the right thing and acknowledges Lorenzo as the rightful winner of this bout, and gives him the belt he was entitled to receive after the official outcome.”

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
As to why or how Suliman has been allowed to enforce his law for so long is beyond me. This guy makes me think of a small time corrupt dictator, could some one explain to me why does boxing even need this self serving caricature....this problem is not something a simple rematch could'nt fix, if soto can control and keep himself from fouling.....

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Lorenzo is an idiot :thumbsdown: Obviously can't accept what really happened :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lorenzo is an idiot :thumbsdown: Obviously can't accept what really happened :thumbsdown:
Damn right man. If he would have actually been in the fight and could make some sort of case, I'd back him, but the officiating was poor, the "foul" was borderline, the result was bogus and controversial, and he put on an acting job in order to secure it. I heard the story about his seven kids that he was fighting for, but I couldn't care less. If he fights again, I hope someone takes his head off.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Damn right man. If he would have actually been in the fight and could make some sort of case, I'd back him, but the officiating was poor, the "foul" was borderline, the result was bogus and controversial, and he put on an acting job in order to secure it. I heard the story about his seven kids that he was fighting for, but I couldn't care less. If he fights again, I hope someone takes his head off.
He actually got very lucky that he didn't lose. Now he's shouting because people know he's the real loser :laugh: Pathetic. Hope he loses now. It's one thing fighting for your family, it's another thing to be in denial and keep on complaining even though you got lucky :thumbsdown:

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
If they go to court Sulaiman will lose. I agree with his decision but he could recognize Lorenzo as the champ and order an immediate rematch with a different referee.
I agree he would lose. That would be the sad thing :( Thankfully though Lorenzo won't hold on to that belt for long LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
It's alright to think that this was a wrong decision and not agree with it, I certainly don't think they should give Lorenzo anything, but he did what any other wily veteran would do in his position. So for you to name the thread death to or wish death on someone is fukkin low, think about what titles you choose next time when you want to make a hate thread

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
It's alright to think that this was a wrong decision and not agree with it, I certainly don't think they should give Lorenzo anything, but he did what any other wily veteran would do in his position. So for you to name the thread death to or wish death on someone is fukkin low, think about what titles you choose next time when you want to make a hate thread
The title is a bit strong, especially considering it's just a boxing match. Unfortunately too many people hype it up to be life and death :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ever heard of "tongue in cheek" or is it just tongue in asshole with you? C'mon now, it's laughable how worked up message board people get over nothing. Just to clarify since you obviously aren't the most adept member of this forum, it's not life and death and I don't actually wish death on the guy, but I did lose any respect for him that I might have had.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
If I misunderstood the shitt, my b, next time fix your title. What you think your Howard Stern? You looking for ratings or hits.

And stop bringing your **** erotic fantasies over hear, nobody wants to read (or even think) about your liasons with tongues in guys cheeks and asses. That must be why they call it the dirty.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Ever heard of "tongue in cheek" or is it just tongue in asshole with you? C'mon now, it's laughable how worked up message board people get over nothing. Just to clarify since you obviously aren't the most adept member of this forum, it's not life and death and I don't actually wish death on the guy, but I did lose any respect for him that I might have had.
:laugh::laugh: What respect? You didn't even know who he was going into the fight

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:laugh::laugh: What respect? You didn't even know who he was going into the fight
Actually I did from when he fought Nate Campbell a couple years back. And I said respect I would have had which means respect I'd typically give to him just because he's a fighter or as a man. He's taking full advantage of this and I feel that the way he has gone about it is dishonorable.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I misunderstood the shitt, my b, next time fix your title. What you think your Howard Stern? You looking for ratings or hits.

And stop bringing your **** erotic fantasies over hear, nobody wants to read (or even think) about your liasons with tongues in guys cheeks and asses. That must be why they call it the dirty.
Maybe I went to far with that, but I couldn't resist. I don't take too kindly to people blowing some meaningless little message board thread of mine so far out of proportion. I use this board pretty regularly now and it should be pretty obvious that I don't go about wishing death on fighters I'm not fond of. If I did, you'd see threads about snipers taking out Mayweather or Guzman getting hacked up by a machete. Another think you would have noticed is that I'm also respectful of other users typically.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Hang on now Callam. Whether we like it or not a decision was reached that Lorenzo won by DQ. Therefore he has the belt. If you keep allowing Suliaman to make up his own laws where is it going to end??
An immediate rematch should be ordered but keep Joe Cortez Wayyyyyy away from the arena. Yanno if you agree with Suliaman now how come some of the other horrendous decisions sliiped by. Did Lennox Lewis have that preposterous "draw" with Evander Holyfield reversed??????
Nooooo. Laws are laws rules are rules if your not gonna stick by them dont make them

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I agree that that Lorenzo should not get the title but ruling the fight a no decision and even giving Soto the title is retarded. Just let them fight again.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
WTF happened in this fight? I only just got in for the Pacman-Diaz fight so havent seen this. Someone fill me in cause my computer is running like crap and this aint worth downloading.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Lorenzo dropped to one knee after taken some serious punishment and Soto punched him twice, well one punch didnt land but he nailed him with a left hook while he was on the knee, Cortez was pretty late to seperate them tho but e DQ was pretty harsh.

ps. i was a little drunk when i watched it but this is how i remember it :p Havent watched it since.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
The guy is no fool, he's gonna get what ever he can out of this, he did'n create the situation so why not take advantage he's got a lot of mouths to feed...

come on now give the guy a break , he's got 6 kids to think about any one in his position would have done the same, after all he did not make the final deceition, sure he was outclassed but the guy was trying like hell, Soto should know better than to hit a guy when he's down, I know he missed but he did trow the punch so fu-- him let them fight again..

He actually got very lucky that he didn't lose. Now he's shouting because people know he's the real loser :laugh: Pathetic. Hope he loses now. It's one thing fighting for your family, it's another thing to be in denial and keep on complaining even though you got lucky :thumbsdown:
The guy is not in denial, he's simply playing his hand for all is worth,what else does he have going for him, I'm not in his shoes so I won't judge him too hard...

I agree the title of the tread is a little harsh and in poor taste....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts