Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please NO delicate Tuff guys. Do not enter your feeling may get hurt.
Again
sensitive people please DO NOT READ and get out of this page NOW.

Generally speaking.
1-If you or your family don’t have a job I don’t want you living next to me.
2-if you or your family are loud I don’t want you living next to me.
3-if you or your family hang out (sitting around doing nothing) in front of the house all day I don’t want you living next to me.
4-if you or your family use drugs I don’t want you living next to me.
5-if you or your family are alcoholics I don’t want you living next to me.
6-if you or your family are gang members I don’t want you living next to me.
7-if you or your family are trouble makers I don’t want you living next to me.

Now here is the problem.
Some cultures are louder then others
Some cultures sit in front of the house all day.
Some cultures drink more alcohol then others
Does this make me racist?

First story
I worked in a dominantly Haitian neighborhood and my general idea of Haitians was that they are loud people.
So when the house next door was bought by a Haitian family I was like great some loud as Haitians are moving next door.
But boy was I wrong. There are about 5 people living in that house but you don’t hear a sound coming from that house ever. And are great neighbors I wouldn’t trade them for anyone.
The stereo type that I had created for my self was wrong.

Another story.
Across from my house ONE family of Indians bought 2- 3 family houses, they rented every apartment to other family members. And all summer long they would get drunk and fight amongst them selves and anybody that walked past their house, they also played the same F’ing music so loud that I couldn’t hear the TV or talk on the phone. So after ten years of this ship my stereo type of Indians was that they are loud drunks. So when my friend bought a house in an Indian neighborhood I told him he was nuts. But I went to his house to help him fix it and saw how quiet the neighborhood was I was shocked and actually liked the neighborhood.
I have a million more stories and examples but I am tired of typing I’ll put some more latter on.
BTW my neighborhood is divided into ethnic sections. My block is the odd ball of the bunch With Haitians, Blacks, Ricans, DRs, Whites, Italians, Mexicans, and other South Americans.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Again

Generally speaking.
3-if you or your family hang out (sitting around doing nothing) in front of the house all day I don’t want you living next to me.

Now here is the problem.

First story
I worked in a dominantly Haitian neighborhood and my general idea of Haitians was that they are loud people.
So when the house next door was bought by a Haitian family I was like great some loud as Haitians are moving next door.
But boy was I wrong. There are about 5 people living in that house but you don’t hear a sound coming from that house ever. And are great neighbors I wouldn’t trade them for anyone.

Another story.
Across from my house ONE family of Indians bought 2- 3 family houses, they rented every apartment to other family members. And all summer long they would get drunk and fight amongst them selves and anybody that walked past their house, they also played the same F’ing music so loud that I couldn’t hear the TV or talk on the phone. So after ten years of this ship my stereo type of Indians was that they are loud drunks. So when my friend bought a house in an Indian neighborhood I told him he was nuts. But I went to his house to help him fix it and saw how quiet the neighborhood was I was shocked and actually liked the neighborhood.
I have a million more stories and examples but I am tired of typing I’ll put some more latter on.
BTW my neighborhood is divided into ethnic sections. My block is the odd ball of the bunch With Haitians, Blacks, Ricans, DRs, Whites, Italians, Mexicans, and other South Americans.
Damnit, is weed considered a drug? If it is, we can't live next to each other.:laugh:

But the rest, i agree.

It does not make you racist at all, unless its culturally accepted to hang out and be lazy all day, unless its culturally accepted to be a drunk(it partially is in this country), unless its culturally accepted to be in gangs or be a troublemaker, unless its culturally accepted to be a drug addict.

Any cultures that accept this? no? well then it isn't racist.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
daveDaboxingfan said:
Again

Generally speaking.
1. Have you ever been unemployed? Know anyone who has lost a job or is on disability? Anyone you know ever fallen on tough times? Would you consider this a tough economy? Have you ever been denied the same employment opportunities as other races because of your skin color? I think you're off base on this
2. Not an unreasonable statement
3. Why were porches invented? Purely aesthetics? :rolleyes:
4. Not unreasonable. (however, what a person chooses to do in the confines of their own home is certainly none of their neighbors business)
5. Not unreasonable. (same as above)
6. Not unreasonable
7. Not unreasonable

daveDaboxingfan said:
Now here is the problem.
Racist? I guess you'd have to look at the definition. Clearly you've never met all the people of whichever race you may be referring to. Therefore, how can you make the general assumption that this particular race is louder than another?
Perhaps some people (of ANY culture) prefer to not stay holed up inside of their house all day...And maybe they would question why their neighbor is always shut inside watching them through the curtains.
Cultures do not drink more alchol, individuals do, just like individuals sit in front of a house, and individuals may be loud and obnoxious.
I don't know you well enough to label you anything and I wouldn't do it either way, but what I CAN say, is that you make some pretty broad generalizations. Again, your experience does not = everyone elses experience.

daveDaboxingfan said:
First story

Another story.
Just as you evidenced yourself with your stories, its all about the individuals. Now, I wont be so naive as to suggest I've never experienced some of the same things you mentioned above, but I just take in it stride. I know from my experience, that inconsiderate asshats come in all shapes sizes and colors. I've had friends of all different races and for every nice person there seems to be a jackass as well. Some things are pretty consistent in that respect.
Living in Philadelphia, we are a very diverse community.
I'm thankful that I was brought up to not judge a person by the color of their skin, ethnic background, religion etc, but rathe ron the type of individual they are. However, I've had several friends in my day who were brought up with alot of the old stereo-types and backwards thinking squawked to them throughout their youth.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Of course he wasn't offended, but you opened the thread to get one last post in didn't you, obvious? That doesn't strike you as any kind of power abuse, does it? You are not abusing your powers in the slightest there?

Not only that, you point to this other thread as a sign of what? you telling me that starting this thread precludes you from being offended at racist posts?

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Of course he wasn't offended, but you opened the thread to get one last post in didn't you, obvious? That doesn't strike you as any kind of power abuse, does it? You are not abusing your powers in the slightest there?

Not only that, you point to this other thread as a sign of what? you telling me that starting this thread precludes you from being offended at racist posts?

The post wasn't directed to you. :blah: :blah:
Quit stirring things up and talk boxing.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The post wasn't directed to you. :blah: :blah:
Quit stirring things up and talk boxing.
way to gloss over the fact that you abused your power, aren't consistent, and are a neophyte racist? :thumbsup:

Good JOB, you are MODERATOR OF THE YEAR!!!!!

Do me a favor and do your job already.

I want to not be upset, but you know what that gets you here, NOTHING!

Nobody listens till you start piping up.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seriously Dave...I mean...really ? You're offended ?
http://www.boxingforum.com/boxing-fo...-get-hurt.html

I find that intriguing...

BTW that was a _______ move to re-open it to get a last word in.
then to close like a litle______.

and yes i am offended
did you read what VD posted did you compare it to the "Kirkland" thread
So whats the _______ deference. NONE
Blanky
i sugest you take it to Vertical sports and skip all of the staff on this board then maybe something would be done about it.
Shane not taking a shot at you but this is the same BS all over again just by a deferent person this time.

·
Registered
445 Posts
for my last post, i got another infraction/warning, for,,,,,,,,,you guessed it, personal insults. Though nothing i said is an insult and obvious has said much worse to other people. but oh well, vertical sports and roger it is.

roger, id aim you, but im on home laptop and i don't have aim and am not going to install it. i'll hit you tomorrow on aim in the morning.
Ritchie

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"I havent been fired. :). Actually I did try and bring the two parties together. For days.

This is not what was going on. There is more to this than you think."

I don't want nor didn't want you to get fired. just trying to press so that you take a closer look at the forum for your self. and yes I am assuming that you take your staffs word for what’s going on which is the only conclusion I can come up with for all of the BS and double standards in here.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
:facepalm:
You guys are talking about race way too much, like that makes a real difference. You guys are making it a real big deal. is it a big deal? If you think it is, you should look for the definition of Hyprocrisy in the dictionary.

Let it go

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
for my last post, i got another infraction/warning, for,,,,,,,,,you guessed it, personal insults. Though nothing i said is an insult and obvious has said much worse to other people. but oh well, vertical sports and roger it is.

roger, id aim you, but im on home laptop and i don't have aim and am not going to install it. i'll hit you tomorrow on aim in the morning.
Ritchie

:blah:
You still havent explained yourself and provided links to what you refer to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts