Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steve Kim
maxboxing.com

According to various sources, there seems to be an issue with Katsidis wearing his preferred Cleto-Reyes gloves, while the management of Juan Diaz, led by Willie Savannah, is insisting that both boxers wear Everlast mitts. While Katsidis has signed his contract - that states he is allowed to wear Cleto-Reyes - Diaz has not thus far.

Savannah reportedly has a problem with gloves that are filled with horse-hair that he believes cut his fighter more easily than those that are filled with foam padding. From what I'm told, the Katsidis camp believes that they have made every concession in finally making this fight a reality - including going into 'the Baby Bull's' hometown - but will not budge on this issue.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
That would be silly if Diaz were to pull out. Just sign for the fight! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Minor details, this is the fastest way to get back to the top for Diaz he wouldnt let something like this be a major issue.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Just let them wear what they want, this is retarded. The mexican not wanting to wear the mexican gloves, He should want all the help he could get with those pillows as hands.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Just let them wear what they want, this is retarded. The mexican not wanting to wear the mexican gloves, He should want all the help he could get with those pillows as hands.
He just wanna avoid getting cut after the Campbell fight. He's not a big puncher anyway so wearing Reyes won't help him. It is retarded though because he has an opportunity to get back in the mix against someone who is an exciting fighter so that fight would sell. Katsidis tends to cut more often than Diaz on top of that.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Diaz better not back out over a stupid glove issue
it seems like he's looking for an excuse to back out ....

Damn I wanna see that fight. Hurry up and sign the contract baby bull! Katsidis is the one who will get cut to bits anyway.
I think they'll both get cut to shreds they both like to war inside.....

That would be silly if Diaz were to pull out. Just sign for the fight! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yes it would, let's hope he shows some college smarts and goes thru with it since this is what he seems to want to do, unless he's having second thougs...

Minor details, this is the fastest way to get back to the top for Diaz he wouldnt let something like this be a major issue.
I think he stuck, since it's allready stated in Kasidis contract, so he better man up or get out of the kitchen.....

ha :laugh: that's a good point, but sounds like he still smarting from the cambell fight and defenetly doesn't want a repeat ha!

Katsidis is going to knock him out no matter what gloves he goes with.
It'll defenetly be a good one, I like to see Kasidis get it, baby bull kind off gets on my nerves....with those loud screams

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
baby bull kind off gets on my nerves....with those loud screams
Hahaha, how about the fact that he's a college student at the University of Houston–Downtown? What, you've never heard about that? Bob Papa, Jim Lampley, or whoever is calling the fight makes mention of that at least 5 times per round.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Katidas has the power to knock him out with winnings, It ain't gonna matter what gloves they use.
I feel the same way. In thinking how this fight will go, I just look back to each guy's last fight and even though Katsidis got knocked out and Diaz went the distance, Diaz got beaten up a lot worse than the Aussie and he didn't do much of anything to Campbell whereas Katsidis was having his way with the crafty Casamayor as times.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
imo katsidis won't get knocked out by juan diaz. diaz works damn hard and hits hard enoguh but katsidis will liekly work on his defense. katsidis has the raw power to hurt juan for sure. the only thing i think we sway it to baby bull is if he can't get knocked out katsidis squares up a lot and gets hit and juan will hit him a hell of a lot. it will be a good fight

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Good fight this will be a ******* great fight. Both fighters have little to no defense, alot of heart, and only one style of fighting, which means they wont resort to boxing if they're hurt. This will be a fukkin war.

The way to beat Campbell beat Diaz is by doing what was tought of as impossible and outworking Juan, the Aussie is capable of doing that, but he won't since Campbell was faster and had a pretty good defense when he wasnt throwing punches Katsidis doesnt. Katsidis has more pop, but Diaz has the better chin, MK throws a lot of punches JD throws more, Diaz has the faster combos, shorter punches, and I just think Juan is a level above.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Good fight this will be a ******* great fight. Both fighters have little to no defense, alot of heart, and only one style of fighting, which means they wont resort to boxing if they're hurt. This will be a fukkin war.

The way to beat Campbell beat Diaz is by doing what was tought of as impossible and outworking Juan, the Aussie is capable of doing that, but he won't since Campbell was faster and had a pretty good defense when he wasnt throwing punches Katsidis doesnt. Katsidis has more pop, but Diaz has the better chin, MK throws a lot of punches JD throws more, Diaz has the faster combos, shorter punches, and I just think Juan is a level above.
Me too :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts