Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speed-Diaz
Diaz throws 4,5,6 punch combinations with great speed, he isn't the fastest as Campbell showed in their fight, but his hands from in close are one of the best, from outside not so much. Katsidis' hands aren't as fast on the inside and ate best they're tied in hand speed from the outside. Neither are fleet of foot or are blessed with fast reflexes, but MK is more mechanical in his movement.
Power-Katsidis
Katsidis has an above average KO percentage and even if your fighting lower caliber opposition, it's a tough task to get over 80% unless you have serious pop. The Spartan showed some of that pop when he hurt and knocked El Cepillo through the ropes. If Diaz had power lightweights would be in way more trouble than they already have been.
Chin-Diaz
Juan has faced bigger punchers than Michael, but Katsidis has been stopped, Diaz hasn't.
Stamina-Diaz
This was the closest category, both of them are punch throwing machines. Diaz consistently throws a ton of punches in the form of crisp combinations and he can do it for 12 rounds. Katsidis can throw a ton of punches, but he seemed to tire a bit in what turned out to be the last round of the Casamayor fight, stamina is one of his strong suits which made the choice even tougher.
Experience-Diaz
Both have been cut, both have been in fights that go back and forth, both have fought for titles, but this one easily goes to Juan Diaz. He's won titles, he's unified, he's been very close to being P4P, and he's been the star of a division, Katsidis hasn't.

This has all the ingredients of being a war and one of or even the most exciting fight of the year. My prediction is Juan Diaz wins a unanimous decision over 12. Unless it turns out to be one sided I can see a rematch in the future. Where does the winner go? Where does the loser go? Talk it up.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Right now I'm rolling with a Diaz TKO around the 9th. Katsidis is too wild and Diaz will get in his chest and chop him down. I see Katsidis getting stopped on his feet by the referee. After Diaz wins this fight he'll have legitimate reason to fight for another legit title very quickly. I don't care where Katsidis goes. Can't stand him.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now I'm rolling with a Diaz TKO around the 9th. Katsidis is too wild and Diaz will get in his chest and chop him down. I see Katsidis getting stopped on his feet by the referee. After Diaz wins this fight he'll have legitimate reason to fight for another legit title very quickly. I don't care where Katsidis goes. Can't stand him.
If Katsidis can hurt or knock him down once or twice, this fight will be FOTY. There's less at stake though which will hurt it. Kellerman pegged Katsidis the next Gatti, but Gatti moved up 4 weight classes and won titles in 3, I can't see Katsidis coming even close to that, maybe 1, not at 135 though. I can see him taking 1 at 140.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Diaz TKO 10. He'll stop Katsidis on cuts or maybe the referee will put an end to his misery. Diaz will land a ridiculous amount of punches in that fight. Watchout for one-sided punchstats. He might get stunned once or twice though.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I'm looking foward to this one,I see both of them ending up a mess while Diaz trows more punches he does'nt hit very hard, I think he'll have a hard time keeping katsidis off of him, I think if Ksdis can keep Diaz pinned on the ropes he can take it but if Diaz has some room to manuver he'll take it, regardless who get's it, it should be a war......

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
If Katsidis can hurt or knock him down once or twice, this fight will be FOTY. There's less at stake though which will hurt it. Kellerman pegged Katsidis the next Gatti, but Gatti moved up 4 weight classes and won titles in 3, I can't see Katsidis coming even close to that, maybe 1, not at 135 though. I can see him taking 1 at 140.
I really can't see Diaz going down at all. He's too compact for a wildman like Crapsidis. Nate Campbell was smart and a savvy veteran who knew all the tricks of the trade which he implemented very well. I can't see Crapsidis and his looping punches putting Diaz down. I can't wait to go to this fight.
Diaz by UD in a entertaining fight
You think it goes the distance? I'm leaning towards a stoppage, but I'm not sure yet.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I have a feeling this fight wont go the distance.

Neither Katsidis or Diaz are the biggest punchers ever. You can say Katsidis hits very hard, but hes not gonna KO Diaz with just ONE punch, and Juan clearly isnt a big puncher.
What makes me believe this fight isnt going the distance is their styles. Believe me, this fight will be fought in a SCARY pace and the volume of punches will be equally scary. They both fight in just one way, and tahts by moving forward and thowing loads of punches. Juan has better skills and actually has a good jab, but hes not slick and will be there in front of Katsidis, who is stronger.

I'm picking Juan because his skills are solid and he will be blocking shots with his gloves and arms, Katsidis will do it with his face.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really can't see Diaz going down at all. He's too compact for a wildman like Crapsidis. Nate Campbell was smart and a savvy veteran who knew all the tricks of the trade which he implemented very well. I can't see Crapsidis and his looping punches putting Diaz down. I can't wait to go to this fight.

You think it goes the distance? I'm leaning towards a stoppage, but I'm not sure yet.
Your going? Seeing both those fights will be the ish. I don't see the looping punches you say, he throws pretty straight, but he's too mechanical. If Katsidis goes to the body early like Nate he might make the fight even more interesting in the later rounds, Diaz wins either way, but it makes the fight more exciting because a tired Diaz is the only version of Diaz is the only way he can really keep up enough to take rounds.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Neither Katsidis or Diaz are the biggest punchers ever. You can say Katsidis hits very hard, but hes not gonna KO Diaz with just ONE punch, and Juan clearly isnt a big puncher.
What makes me believe this fight isnt going the distance is their styles. Believe me, this fight will be fought in a SCARY pace and the volume of punches will be equally scary. They both fight in just one way, and tahts by moving forward and thowing loads of punches. Juan has better skills and actually has a good jab, but hes not slick and will be there in front of Katsidis, who is stronger.

I'm picking Juan because his skills are solid and he will be blocking shots with his gloves and arms, Katsidis will do it with his face.
Haha, I remember LMAO when Merchant said that in the Mayweather fight, I just can't remember if it was the Baldomir or Gatti fight.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts

I agree with all of this. Katsidis head will get rocked frome side to side. It will be almost hard to watch at times.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Your going? Seeing both those fights will be the ish. I don't see the looping punches you say, he throws pretty straight, but he's too mechanical. If Katsidis goes to the body early like Nate he might make the fight even more interesting in the later rounds, Diaz wins either way, but it makes the fight more exciting because a tired Diaz is the only version of Diaz is the only way he can really keep up enough to take rounds.
I thought I told you that a while ago. It is in Houston, so I'm driving the 2 hours to get there, and we got a hotel in H-town. Shitt will be crazy.
I agree with all of this. Katsidis head will get rocked frome side to side. It will be almost hard to watch at times.
Hard to watch? I'll love it!

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Diaz armor has a shink in it, I hope katsidis hooks him to the liver so hard he shits his shorts, I can't stand the school boy , he sounds retarded...

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Diaz is just too god for Katsidis imo. Diaz was beating Campell like all thought he would until he got cut and with no real cutman in his corner. I believe he will come in better than ever against Kat and give him a good old school beating. Katsidis face is gonna look like something out of a cartoon after this fight imo. I believe Diaz will win a UD 10-2 or something along those lines, i would not be suprised to see a ref or doctor stoppage in this one tho, Katsidis just cuts way too easily.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I'm taking Katsidis. The guy can bang and has guts and courage throughout every inch of his body. You guys have to remember, Diaz really doesn't have any clean KO's. Most of the KO's for him have been from fighters jsut giving up or the ref saying they've had enough. Katsidis won't quit and the ref won't be able to stop it if Katsidis keeps coming at him. Juan will quit or be stopped. He's a great fighter and an admirable guy, but Katsidis has his number.

G

·
I think Diaz will win via stoppage or a lop sided decision. He's not a big puncher but he's going to be landing for fun on Katsidis and wear him down possibly for a late TKO.

And the minute I'm going with Diaz UD.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you read most of the posts, you'll see more than one poster talikng about a Katsidis possibly being stopped on cuts. Katsidis because he's been cut more than once before and Diaz throws so many punches and will probably hit him with a ton of em. Diaz isn't prone to cut he's only been cut once, even though it was in his most recent fight.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts