Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am 6'3'' 225 lbs similiar build to george foreman, not necessarily fat, clearly strong with a little extra to love haha. How many calories should i be eating a day and what weight should i shoot for for optimum performance?

·
Registered
212 Posts
try to drop to 210 or 205 if you can, you'll gain a lot of speed. take in about 2100 - 2300 calories a day or less if you can. I lost 10 pounds in 2 months from eating 1500 calories a day and training hard. But now im 137 so i eat more.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
online it said someone my size should be eating like 3800 cal with my activity level. i eat around 2500-3000 a day, is that too much? i thought id still lose weight if im training 6 times a week and eating like 1000 under

·
Registered
212 Posts
i would say 2500 MAX a day. or like 800 - 1000 calories less then you usually eat, whatevers more suitable. as long as ur eating healthier and training hard you'll lose weight.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually, haha i do. i have been told not to eat carbs so each day i have like chicken for lunch, lean beef hamburgers for dinner and protein in between. is a no carb diet bad?

·
Registered
212 Posts
actually, haha i do. i have been told not to eat carbs so each day i have like chicken for lunch, lean beef hamburgers for dinner and protein in between. is a no carb diet bad?
burgers, chicken, and protein everyday? thats too much protein and its gonna make you gain weight. Its okay to eat chicken after you've lost weight but not for now. You pretty much wanna stay away from meat and just get ur protein from the shakes. I dont know which brand you use, but i recommend getting Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. It only has 110 calories for every 24 grams of protein. Im gonna list some stuff you should eat, and even if you put half of this stuff in your diet, you'll lose weight.

Breakfast - eat a bowl of Fiber One cereal with fat free skim milk... fiber helps the digestive system and this will help you lose weight, and its also just healthy in general.

Then drink a protein shake 30 minutes after breakfast - take in about 20 - 25 grams with water and not milk

Snacks - throughout the day whenever you want, eat a few of these snacks because there really low in calories.

Quaker rice cakes ( they taste good, fill you up, and are only 60 calories )
Quaker rice snacks ( there different from the other ones, also only 60 calories )
Quaker chewy bars ( if ur gonna get this, make sure you get the one that say 90 calories on the box )

Lunch - eat 3 eggs fried or boiled but make sure you take 2 of the yolks out and only leave one in there - if your gonna make fried eggs, use PAM and not cooking oil, because its way less fattening. and eat it with a slice of wheat bread

Then begin training about 45 minutes after eating lunch, right after training take in about 30 grams of protein, again make sure you use water and not milk

Then if your hungry after that, make a wheat bread sandwich, salad, and eat a piece of fruit

For the sandwhich use -

2 slices of wheat bread
a few slices of ham or balogna ( make sure you get the low fat kinds )
a teaspoon or less of low fat mayonaisse ( i use half a teaspoon and its enough )
2 slices of dill pickles ( watch out for the sodium on this, make sure its less then 250 mg's for 2 slices )
and add some salad to the sandwich ( you dont have to make the salad, they sell them in bags at stores )

then make a salad on the side with some not fat dressing
and eat a piece of fruit too ( apple, peach, orange, etc.. )

if you get hungry again later on, make another sandwich but with only 1 bread
and eat some snacks

then once a week, eat 1 meal of whatever you want, doesnt matter what it is

·
Registered
212 Posts
no problem, get weighed on a scale every 2 weeks to see ur progress. and when you weigh urself, dont wear shoes

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
burgers, chicken, and protein everyday? thats too much protein and its gonna make you gain weight. Its okay to eat chicken after you've lost weight but not for now. You pretty much wanna stay away from meat and just get ur protein from the shakes. I dont know which brand you use, but i recommend getting Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. It only has 110 calories for every 24 grams of protein. Im gonna list some stuff you should eat, and even if you put half of this stuff in your diet, you'll lose weight.

Breakfast - eat a bowl of Fiber One cereal with fat free skim milk... fiber helps the digestive system and this will help you lose weight, and its also just healthy in general.

Carbs needs to be burned so it'll give you fat it wont make you gain weight. Carbs come from pasta nad certain types of bread.

Then drink a protein shake 30 minutes after breakfast - take in about 20 - 25 grams with water and not milk

Snacks - throughout the day whenever you want, eat a few of these snacks because there really low in calories.

Quaker rice cakes ( they taste good, fill you up, and are only 60 calories )
Quaker rice snacks ( there different from the other ones, also only 60 calories )
Quaker chewy bars ( if ur gonna get this, make sure you get the one that say 90 calories on the box )

Lunch - eat 3 eggs fried or boiled but make sure you take 2 of the yolks out and only leave one in there - if your gonna make fried eggs, use PAM and not cooking oil, because its way less fattening. and eat it with a slice of wheat bread

Then begin training about 45 minutes after eating lunch, right after training take in about 30 grams of protein, again make sure you use water and not milk

Then if your hungry after that, make a wheat bread sandwich, salad, and eat a piece of fruit

For the sandwhich use -

2 slices of wheat bread
a few slices of ham or balogna ( make sure you get the low fat kinds )
a teaspoon or less of low fat mayonaisse ( i use half a teaspoon and its enough )
2 slices of dill pickles ( watch out for the sodium on this, make sure its less then 250 mg's for 2 slices )
and add some salad to the sandwich ( you dont have to make the salad, they sell them in bags at stores )

then make a salad on the side with some not fat dressing
and eat a piece of fruit too ( apple, peach, orange, etc.. )

if you get hungry again later on, make another sandwich but with only 1 bread
and eat some snacks

then once a week, eat 1 meal of whatever you want, doesnt matter what it is
I like the input. Add a little more stuff in it and he'll be good because of the fact that he is a heavy weight no matter what. Protein wont be that bad for him eating meat because of the fact that he's so big. I know where my weight gain came from when i was 108-115. Hamburgers all day with cheese and ketchup :thumbsup:

Remember he's a heavy weight that input may be too little calories. He should be eating about 3,500 Calories a day. Add some stuff in their and you'll be good. Eat 5 meals a day but small meals. This will help your Metabolism keep its pace and wont slow down after eating so much. Carbs wont make you gain weight it'll make you gain fat. Carbs come from things such as pasta and bread.

Also a lot of carbs before cardio work

·
Registered
212 Posts
the only changes i can think of, are to eat a big bowl of cereal instead of a regular sized one. Eat 4 eggs instead of 3 but only leave 2 yolks. And eat 2 sandwiches with 2 breads in each one. this is a lot more then i ate when i was trying to lose weight so it should be enough for him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts