Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dipping tobacco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have been hearing that dipping tobacco, is what fighters use instead of smoking since it has no effect on the cardio. I have tried this stuff before and it wasnt half bad.

Also I heard that if you have boxing boots, (which I do have), that you can put this stuff in between yours toes inside the boot, and it helps you out with you footwork like it makes your feet faster etc.

Has anyone else tried this stuff before? Any thoughts on it? Or have you ever heard about the part about putting it between your toes?

·
Registered
26 Posts
i dipped for 7 years, can a day usually.

I can say dipping will make your body much more dehydrated, toxified, acidic, and will repress your appetite slowing your metabolism causing you to eat big huge larger meals cause u skipped meals, which will result in you becoming fat.

If this sounds like what you want to do, then by all means go for it. Sure u will see healthy strong kids doing it, hey i was a healthy strong kid once. But when I realized I couldn't quit and struggled with addiction for 8 years, serious changing to body body occurred.

I must of tried quiting 500 times before I was successful.

Do your self a favor, buy some big league chew bubble gum, and say no to tobacco.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I've been chewing for 7 years now and let me tell you something; it keeps me from killing people! Tobacco keeps me calm and allows me to deal with stress without clocking the guy next to me when he is saying stupid things and making the people around him dumber. As far as working out, I always have a dip in when I'm on the bike and lifting. It is jsut what I'm used to. I only chew two cans a week but I keep a dip in for about 3 hours at a time. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I've been chewing for 7 years now and let me tell you something; it keeps me from killing people! Tobacco keeps me calm and allows me to deal with stress without clocking the guy next to me when he is saying stupid things and making the people around him dumber. As far as working out, I always have a dip in when I'm on the bike and lifting. It is jsut what I'm used to. I only chew two cans a week but I keep a dip in for about 3 hours at a time. Hope this helps.
I always pictured you as a dude that dips man. Somehow I just knew it. I tried it in high school and didn't really get the point.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i think most of you are seriously missing the point of how bad it is for you.

I have serious gum loss from dipping, if I kept at it I would prob lose my bottom teeth. It makes you a worse athletic by dehydrating your body.

Saying it keeps you from killing people is just an excuse to feed the addiction. I had to quit cold turkey many times and so did other buddies of mine while we were in boot camp. Many of us said the same thing, keeps us from killing people. Guess what we were in BOOTCAMP surrounded by a bunch of dudes and stressed to the max.
No one died.

telling any up and commer to give it a try is bad advice. It is seriously bad for your health, goals for fighting, and less you like girls from kentucky they will be turned off as well.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Dipping tobacco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have been hearing that dipping tobacco, is what fighters use instead of smoking since it has no effect on the cardio. I have tried this stuff before and it wasnt half bad.

Also I heard that if you have boxing boots, (which I do have), that you can put this stuff in between yours toes inside the boot, and it helps you out with you footwork like it makes your feet faster etc.

Has anyone else tried this stuff before? Any thoughts on it? Or have you ever heard about the part about putting it between your toes?
:rolleyes:

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Not sure about dipping as fat as your footwork but its a great habit to have during a ballgame or out drinking your ass off. Whats your flavor Matt?
Copenhagen long cut. No fruity flavored stuff for me. Sometimes I snort nasal snuff, too. That stuff's a great party gag! Someone snorts it for the first time and they start hacking and tears fill their eyes. Good times.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts