Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Do you?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question really.

I do for the record. Hope it's ok to post this, since I know sometimes these topics can get pretty out of hand but it really is just a simple question.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
yes i do believe in god

·
Registered
841 Posts
Yes, I believe there is some supreme being(mother nature, god, etc.). I'm also a firm believer of evolution though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am a total atheist, don't have a problem with anyone who believes in it aslong as they don't try preaching stuff to me that I don't want to hear.

Being a truly religious person is about being a kind and caring person, it is just a shame that too many people think they are a better person than you just because they go to church every Sunday.

Doesn't work like that.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I am a total atheist, don't have a problem with anyone who believes in it aslong as they don't try preaching stuff to me that I don't want to hear.

Being a truly religious person is about being a kind and caring person, it is just a shame that too many people think they are a better person than you just because they go to church every Sunday.

Doesn't work like that.
you aint a real boxing fan until you found religion. join us my friend join us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Greatest of all times
1,006 Posts
I don`t believe in what religion calls GOD. But I believe there is somewhere in another dimension, something superior than us, something that our brains can`t explain.
It`s a thing our brains can`t think it rationally , like we`re sayin` that we have only 5 senses. Maybe some other senses exist and they`re out there somewhere for somebody but we can`t understand them.
I don`t know what to answer , I`m not a religious person , but after hard debates on this subject with friends and teachers , the conclusion is we`re limited to understand the world because we cannot explain where we`re from , how we evolved from the very tiny life particle in the past, but most important , FROM WHERE WAS THAT tiny particle comming to create the entire universe ?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Yes, because I choose to. If you think about it, whats there to lose by believing in god and whats there to gain by not believing in him? If you choose to believe in him and he does exist, then your going to heaven, but if you dont choose to believe in him, and he exist, then your going to hell. But lets say he doesnt exist and you still believe in him, What do you really lose? I'll take my chances and believe he exist, because just because you can't see something, doesn't make it not true. Thats my theory at least. I dont care to debate with anyone because im not some religious freak but I do believe in a god.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I don`t believe in what religion calls GOD. But I believe there is somewhere in another dimension, something superior than us, something that our brains can`t explain.
It`s a thing our brains can`t think it rationally , like we`re sayin` that we have only 5 senses. Maybe some other senses exist and they`re out there somewhere for somebody but we can`t understand them.
I don`t know what to answer , I`m not a religious person , but after hard debates on this subject with friends and teachers , the conclusion is we`re limited to understand the world because we cannot explain where we`re from , how we evolved from the very tiny life particle in the past, but most important , FROM WHERE WAS THAT tiny particle comming to create the entire universe ?
99% of Religions suck, they've desecrated the bible by changing it to say what they want. Scientist say humans only use 13% of their braind, so there's bound to be a lot of things we won't understan.
That bottom gif is great Hector :thumbsup::thumbsup:.
:thumbsup:Yeah, I'm getting hyped up for the fight. Roach was starting to convince me on Pacquiao, so I have to be reminded of that left hook.

G

·
Yeah i believe in God, i was brought up in a very Catholic family, brought to mass every sunday for years. I dont go to mass as much anymore but i do say my prayers every day. I just dont think going to a church means you cant talk to God. I still go to church but just not for mass, usually go and light a candle and say a few prayers when its empty.

Im not a member of the God squad or anything and would never preach anything to anyone, my faith is a deep and personal one.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I am a total atheist
What would you say If I said that I could most likely prove to you via logic and reasoning that you are not what you have said you are above and that you do not even agree with your own statement statement?

Not argue with you or prove to others, but actually get you to disagre with you own comment.

I know the initial reaction could ge what a cheeky plucky git and yes I agree but.....

If you are interested in this bold assertion I could show you why and given a little latitude I think you will probably laugh and end up agreeing with me.

Oh yea and don't worry what I have to say does not remotely relate to faith or preaching.....rather it relates to scientific reasoning, philosophy and critical thinking.

P.S

I do not believe in god be it in the singular monotheistic sense or the plural polytheistic sense. Neither do I believe in the deistic god that some of the founding fathers of America and Einstein believed in. I believe in the Darwinian model, I believe in origin of the species via natural selection as a method of evolution. I believe in physics and cosmology and the big bang.....

I believe in saying god bless you to anyone who believes in god who can take kindness and hope from its expression.

I have to go away and punch myself in a sickeningly hard way now for that last comment of mine....haha

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
never mind the bottom sig, the top one is the best DP :laugh:

Sums up Calzaghe, slapping anything in sight :laugh:
We should come up with a name for it..... How about the fly swatter?:laugh:
Yeah i believe in God, i was brought up in a very Catholic family, brought to mass every sunday for years. I dont go to mass as much anymore but i do say my prayers every day. I just dont think going to a church means you cant talk to God. I still go to church but just not for mass, usually go and light a candle and say a few prayers when its empty.

Im not a member of the God squad or anything and would never preach anything to anyone, my faith is a deep and personal one.
I agree.

And I think it's important to preach even sometimes to the point where you're annoying people because you never know when you could possibly change someones life for the better.
What would you say If I said that I could most likely prove to you via logic and reasoning that you are not what you have said you are above and that you do not even agree with your own statement statement?

Not argue with you or prove to others, but actually get you to disagre with you own comment.

I know the initial reaction could ge what a cheeky plucky git and yes I agree but.....

If you are interested in this bold assertion I could show you why and given a little latitude I think you will probably laugh and end up agreeing with me.

Oh yea and don't worry what I have to say does not remotely relate to faith or preaching.....rather it relates to scientific reasoning, philosophy and critical thinking.
I'd like to read it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
830 Posts
This is devils advocate stuff by the way (yes I know terrible setting to use that term given the mixed connotations...the normal terminology to be taken);

To the religious out there a couple of questions.

1 Do you believe your god to be all powerful?

2 Do you believe your god to be all knowing?

3 Do you believe your god to have always existed?

4 Do you believe your god to be all loving?

5 Do you believe your god to be all seeing?

6 Do you believe your god to be in all places at the same time?

P.S

Don't worry this is simply a little game of logical reasoning and in no way is something to be taken seriously.

If I even come close to offending anyone on this then I will apologise and leave the thread.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
I believe there is a GOD, Im not a religious person though. I believe what goes around comes around and if you live a good life and do right, youll be good.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts