Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do. I go to Larry Holmes gym. I go in there Tuesdays and Wedsdays ocassionaly Monday or Thursday to. Larry is in there quite frequently to work out and have fun. How about you, do you box or just a fan?:cool:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I sparred with other that"boxed" to work out when I was in highschool and in College. Very little contact.

But recently I have heard of guys my age and younger that are boxing competetivly on an amatuer level. I wanna say the organization is called ringside, but I am not sure. I will be checking it out because I've got to try it.
It reminds me of being in a batting cage with only an 80mph fast ball. It gave me a whole new respect for the lowly .230 hitter in baseball.Going hard for 2min. a round(amt. level)while getting punched at may help my perspective.Once I find out a little more I'll fill you in......

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive only sparred twice, against a person that had 40lbs on me and was about 5 inches taller than me with 3 more years of expeirence, he has 3 and a half years of expeirenece at the time I only had 6 and 7 months expeirence. So I don't think I need to explain the rest, its sort of obvious.:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts