Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some fighters wear that protective gear as to decrease the impact of body blows. The guy castillo beat was wearing padding, too, and I think whoever wears them is a punk. :cheeky4:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
PoundForPound said:
Some fighters wear that protective gear as to decrease the impact of body blows. The guy castillo beat was wearing padding, too, and I think whoever wears them is a punk. :cheeky4:

They all wear them his was just pulled up way to high.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Think of it this way, it hurts them whenthey duck when it is pulled up way to high...I found that out from personal experience.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PoundForPound said:
And the ref has no say in how high they're allowed?
most of the time its the shorts that are low not the gear.

·
Registered
707 Posts
the protector is not supposed to be above the belly botton . Castillo's opponenet I think was getting an unfair advatage especially against a guy like Castillo that goes to the body so much.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
i think protect padding should be allowed just wore wright. Not to high.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
windowguy said:
the protector is not supposed to be above the belly botton . Castillo's opponenet I think was getting an unfair advatage especially against a guy like Castillo that goes to the body so much.

I agree.

And it was the refs fault for letting Ngoudjos corner get away with it & not adjusting it himself.

·
Registered
187 Posts
ERIK said:
I agree.

And it was the refs fault for letting Ngoudjos corner get away with it & not adjusting it himself.
Agreed.

Blah blah blah I've met Herman twice, and he has a very short torso, so it may have looked worse than it was.

/just sayin'
/his arms look long for his body, as a result. LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts