Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am doing a report...and just wanted to know if any boxers out there...or anyone period knows how boxers manage to lose so much weight before their weigh in only to gain it back the day of the fight...what are they doin...thanks for the responses

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Sweat out all waterweight. People walk around with an excess of 10 pounds of water weight at a time varying by weight. Look it up on wikipedia if you want a more detailed analysis.

·
Registered
149 Posts
ok here is how i do it4 days before the weight-in i drink 2.5 gallons of water per day for the next 2 days.then the third day i cut it back to 1 gallon.then the last 24 hours i intake no fluid at all the only thing i may eat is a energy bar or two.the reason you start out with so much water is you will cause hormones in your body to exscrete more urine then when you drastickly cut it of you continue to urinate often.if this doesnt cut the weight off or you dont think your going to make it you can use milk of magneasia the night before.if this still dont do it take 40mg of lasix the morning of the fight.i dont like to work it off the day before or the day of.:)

·
Registered
216 Posts
ok here is how i do it4 days before the weight-in i drink 2.5 gallons of water per day for the next 2 days.then the third day i cut it back to 1 gallon.then the last 24 hours i intake no fluid at all the only thing i may eat is a energy bar or two.the reason you start out with so much water is you will cause hormones in your body to exscrete more urine then when you drastickly cut it of you continue to urinate often.if this doesnt cut the weight off or you dont think your going to make it you can use milk of magneasia the night before.if this still dont do it take 40mg of lasix the morning of the fight.i dont like to work it off the day before or the day of.:)
Why do you use milk of magnesia or lasix? I definitely would stay away from laxatives. Even if you stay away from body punches. It just spills..er spells trouble.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Why do you use milk of magnesia or lasix? I definitely would stay away from laxatives. Even if you stay away from body punches. It just spills..er spells trouble.
no say your fighting on sat night fri night just before bed take the magnesia you will explode in the comode when you wake up in the mornin then thats it.the guy ask how to loose the weight i told him i never said it was fun .

·
Registered
216 Posts
no say your fighting on sat night fri night just before bed take the magnesia you will explode in the comode when you wake up in the mornin then thats it.the guy ask how to loose the weight i told him i never said it was fun .
LOL! Niiice. I would still be worried about any lingering effects of both laxative and diuretics. Yea the way you described about water is a very effective way of doing it. Sure beats saunas and sweat suits! I once dropped 12 lbs. in 2 days.

·
Registered
149 Posts
LOL! Niiice. I would still be worried about any lingering effects of both laxative and diuretics. Yea the way you described about water is a very effective way of doing it. Sure beats saunas and sweat suits! I once dropped 12 lbs. in 2 days.
yes the laxix and magnesia come if you are still strugling to make it but i still like this over working it off in a super hot room with a suit close to weight in or fight time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts