Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it? or can being a bit bulky has it advantage as well? im 5'7 and im at the 150 range and I have a large frame as well, so i dont know if i have to be smaller to be better, when i think of tyson he was a big guy but is a fast boxer as well.. but other than that what do you think the benifits betweens being a skinny boxer and a bulky boxer? I am a healthy guy that can do cardio for long hours but I dont have the best shape physically as well.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Being skinny doesn't necessarily make you a good boxer. Look at Miguel Cotto he's a little bulky and 147 lbs. He's fast enough. Speed has to do with genetics sometimes. You being bulky doesn't really give you an advantage. I don't feel being skinny gives you an advantage either.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Size only comes into effect if you have a soft middle which says "I didn't train". Only timing is what counts. If you have a bulky against a skinny but are the same weight. There are factors to take into consideration like arm reach, speed, leverage. I have seen a 210lb guy knock out a 320lb guy with a well timed right cross.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts